Main Forums > The Outpost Cafe

You can’t hiii-iiide your lyin’ tracks …

(1/7) > >>

uwe:
Ouch. The quest for perfection and how it leads men astray …

TBird1958:

Posers! I knew it!

uwe:

Now I don't "hate the f***ing Eagles", but the guy (he's called Fil) in the vid builds an elaborate and compelling case that Henley's voice is canned (and if it wasn't, I doubt the vid would still be up without the mighty Eagles swooping down). I don't discount the possibility that Henley only uses it on some nights when he feels his voice isn't up to it and, yes, the Eagles have never been shy to doctor their Live albums in the studio for release, especially the vocals.

I like the way Fil avoids to scandalize the whole thing, it's almost like he regrets having found out, he's not an Eagles or Don Henley hater at all.

Dave W:
That's the lame "British guitarist reacts" guy. I won't waste my time listening to anything he has to say.

Basvarken:

--- Quote from: uwe on May 03, 2024, 07:14:52 PM --- and, yes, the Eagles have never been shy to doctor their Live albums in the studio for release, especially the vocals.

--- End quote ---

Absolutely. The Hell Freezes Over DVD is doctored to death.
A studio engineer of a studio we once recorded in showed me how Don Henley's vocal has zero bleed from the drums, by disconnecting a few speakers from the 5.1 Dolby system.
It was really funny to see Don basing aways on the drums without hearing anything. Yet his voice was crystal clear. In a real live recording that would have been impossible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version