Author Topic: Interesting Pore Filling Idea  (Read 4870 times)

Robbie OBrien

• View Profile
Re: Interesting Pore Filling Idea
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 08:52:16 AM »
First, welcome and thanks for joining us!  I couldn't believe your video when I first saw it, but it does make sense.  Seems the water-based world has more opportunities than I had imagined!  I often want to do a natural look over ash or mahogany without necessarily wanting to darken the grain.  Will this material still work or might it dry white and obscure that grain?  That's my question for the day!

Thanks for the welcome. I sure wish this forum had an email sent to me option when someone posts. I participate on a bunch of forums all over the world and it can get a bit time consuming.
This product will dry white in the pores, so unless you want white pores you need to dye it a specific color. If you want the natural look then you can use transparent water based pore fillers that are available. You could also use my shellac and sawdust method that I present in my guitar finishing DVD. 

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 09:37:48 AM »
Robbie, you should be able to get notification. In your Profile, under Modify Profile, go to Notifications and Email and you should be able to turn on notification.

I only see this from the admin's viewpoint, so please let me know if this isn't working.

Robbie OBrien

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2008, 04:38:36 PM »
Okay, done deal. I should get an email notification for all posts I respond to.