Author Topic: i am sick of NY  (Read 10472 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: i am sick of NY
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2012, 12:44:25 PM »
It was 84 here yesterday, high of 50 today...but pushing 70 again by the end of the week.  It may be too dry, but all last week was in the 70's with our normal lack of humidity.

Don't sympathize with me too much - I'll try to bear up somehow.    ;) ;D
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2012, 09:58:33 AM »
It was 84 here yesterday, high of 50 today...but pushing 70 again by the end of the week.  It may be too dry, but all last week was in the 70's with our normal lack of humidity.

Don't sympathize with me too much - I'll try to bear up somehow.    ;) ;D

The only downside for me in Colorado is the dryness.  I have very dry skin to begin with and after a week there, I'm longing for some good old fashioned Great Lakes humidity!!!
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2012, 02:01:47 PM »
Light snow today and 36 degrees.  Supposed to be 60 tomorrow, 70 the day after.

Our motto: never leave home without a jacket.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2012, 04:13:54 PM »
Light snow today and 36 degrees.  Supposed to be 60 tomorrow, 70 the day after.

Our motto: never leave home without a jacket.

Not unlike Upstate NY.  The joke around here is "if you don't like the weather, just wait a few hours, it'll change!"  And that is the normal state of affairs.  We have significant swings, but yours are much greater than ours.  Being an hour due east of Lake Erie and 20 minutes south of Lake Ontario, we get all kinds of interesting "lake effects" all year long.  When it precipitates, it PRECIPITATES!!!  We have as many days of clouds as you do sun.  It can be depressing and we tend to worship the sun when it makes a rare visit.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!