Author Topic: Technical innovations and mutiple tasks are no replacement for a good quality product  (Read 570 times)

Blazer

It must have been in 2001 that I bought my first DVD player, a big hulking piece of equipment made by Samsung, it has served me well.

A couple of years later I decided to upgrade my system and bought a DVD player that offered more possibilities such as MP3 playing and CD ROM playing. I used that one for a couple of years when all of a sudden it just stopped working.

So I brought out my old Samsung again until I could buy myself a new DVD player.

So about a year ago I bought myself one of those new sleek flat DVD players which I used to great satisfaction up until a few days ago when all of a sudden the remote control just stopped woring, I replaced the batteries but noting worked, so I probably need to buy a replacement remote control.

So in the meantime I hooked up my trusty Samsung again and like old times it lets me watch DVD's without a single complaint.

There's some truth in the saying that "they don't make them like they used to" My samsung is a quality piece of equipment that does what it does, no fancy extras but just playing DVD's and doing it with a vengeance.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
When it comes to consumer electronics, they definitely don't make 'em like they used to. That's why warranties on most lower cost items are replace-only. The upside is that they cost less.