Main Forums > The Outpost Cafe

Don't read this Rhythm N. Bliss!!!

<< < (2/9) > >>

uwe:
"Were you wearing your suit?"

Naw, casual Friday!

gearHed289:
Hmmm.... not sure what to make of that note from management...  :rolleyes:

I do have to say that the singer for one of my favorite bands - MUSE - is frequently way off mic, and still sounding strong. I really don't think he's singing to tracks just based on watching and listening to the phrasing, etc.

On a related note, I know some guys on the Crue tour who told me that Nikki's "amp rack" contains a Pro Tools rig. And it's NOT there for recording....

Dave W:
I'm shocked. Next I suppose you're going to try to tell me that the Beach Boys and Monkees used studio musicians.

Basvarken:
Now tell me why an experienced singer like David Coverdale decides to throw overboard all his microphone technique and starts waving his mike in random directions while singing? Oh yes of course! To make it as hard as possible for his sound engineer to get a decent sound every night.
He must be paying him a king's ransom

Rhythm N. Bliss:
I'm a rebel. Tell me not to do somethin' & I have to look into it to see WHY.
I can't believe this. Coverdale's still The Best Singer On Earth.
I saw WS twice in 2003 & thrice in 2005 & DC was utterly amazing!!!!!
Tell the truth, Uwe. You were holding your lighter high & singing every word. Weren't ya?
Everyone in the crowd sings every word. That's why DC calls us The WS Choir.
You say it was horrible, Uwe, but I don't believe it.
You don't like Zep, you don't like Doro, you don't like WHITESNAKE now.
I think there's something terribly wrong with your HEARING.
Maybe it's not your ears, but evidently there's some probs with your mind & heart.
Hey~ even if there is vocal tracks being used, which I highly doubt, then so what?
I saw Within Temptation open for Lacuna Coil last year & they both used recorded tracks.
I admit it was kinda weird & unecessary--they would've sounded fine without 'em.
Guess they want their performances to match their recordings as much as possible.
So whatever it takes to sound First Class. Never mind what someone's phone camera recorded.
Get the WS DVD if you want to hear how incredible they sound.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version