Author Topic: Slab Precision bass for sale -  (Read 7929 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Slab Precision bass for sale -
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 02:43:58 PM »
Not in several years and I've never built one from scratch like some here. If I were to make a slab P, it would be assembled from components as much as possible.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, 04:18:45 PM »
Not in several years and I've never built one from scratch like some here. If I were to make a slab P, it would be assembled from components as much as possible.

You bet.  The one major refin I did took me a year by the time I got around to each piece of the work.  I think the spray job took me two weeks.  Most of my time to work on projects comes in 15-30 minute increments, including setup.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 04:33:19 PM »

Well, a Fender IS just a bunch of components.  The fun is in picking/finding the right ones and assembling and tuning your hot rod.  I have around a dozen or so and only 1 has all the same parts it had when it came from the factory.

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2010, 04:33:40 PM »
lots of folks build stuff kenny. myself included. they don't end up in blazing technicolor on line, though.
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2010, 05:23:49 PM »
Well, a Fender IS just a bunch of components.  The fun is in picking/finding the right ones and assembling and tuning your hot rod.  I have around a dozen or so and only 1 has all the same parts it had when it came from the factory.

Right. I already have some of them. I haven't checked to see if anyone is offering a slab body at a reasonable price, but I can always make one.

The first spring project I have planned is reworking/reconfiguring some kitchen cabinets. That will keep me busy.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2010, 02:10:48 PM »
... they don't end up in blazing technicolor on line, though.

(Damn... I've been sussed...) ;D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...