Gear Discussion Forums > Bass Amps & Effects

Bassman TV!

(1/6) > >>

JimmyBond8:
I came across this on facebook today, Fender is releasing a "Bassman TV" series of Amps that look like little tweed TV sets of yesteryear. I think they're all tube tube driven and include an XLR out which is a definite plus & casters on some models.

You can give them a scout over, at their website (including a little commercial, and some sound bytes): http://www.fender.com/fba/bassmantv/

Dave W:
These are tube driven, not all-tube.

Another gimmick from Fender. Who wants a bass amp to look like a small tweed guitar amp? I sure don't. IMHO they would be better served by improving the tone and reliability of their regular bass amps.

Pilgrim:
I don't see why anyone would be interested in them as anything but practice amps. I can't find them at the online dealers linked to the Fender site, but I'll bet they'd make mighty pricey practice amps.

Dave W:
The full specs aren't there but the two .pdf promos show from 150 to 350 watts. That much solid state wattage could handle some club gigs even with the small cabs. Still, it smells like hype to me.

Pilgrim:
I didn't find that info.  Yes, at those power levels they could handle a small gig.  That's a point in their favor!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version