Author Topic: rush in atlanta tonight.  (Read 1245 times)

nofi

• View Profile
rush in atlanta tonight.
« on: May 26, 2015, 08:08:38 PM »
my stepson ben went to the show and sent me an email. seems like getty is into his third different t bird of the evening. that should be of interest to so some folks here. :)

btw, he says high, uve.
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

66Atlas

• View Profile
Re: rush in atlanta tonight.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 03:33:58 AM »
We had an couple of employees doing work at the amphitheater through the afternoon.  They got to watch soundcheck and then one stuck around for the show.  From the sound of it you can hardly keep up with all the instrument changes through the show! 

I always liked the doublenecks.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 06:33:42 AM »
The doublenecks are back! More an image thing with Rush than a musical necessity these days (you can get a six-string to sound like a 12-string for the purposes of a live concert just fine), but it's nice to see them harken back to their early days - never mind what their vertebras think of it, I'm sure they have a handy physiotherapist with them on tour!

Say hi back to Ben, with you as a stepdad (and that damning silence when he played Rush's music),  I applaud his tenacity to continue seeing Rush!  :mrgreen:
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 07:11:01 AM »
surprise, i have always like rush, despite what i say here. one of the few bands i can still listen to from back in the day. hell, when ben was in highschool we would have little rush jams together. :) :o
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 07:45:00 AM »
Nice! I've got just over 2 weeks to go. I plan to make notes of the setlist/basses throughout the night. After all these years, it's nice to see something besides a J Bass with Mr. Lee.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 02:47:29 PM »
Times I've seen them he played the double and standard Rick's with the tear-drop P for encore, then just Ricks, the paddle, the Wal, then the Jazz... not seen them since 04, I think... can't honestly justify the cost these days... we all went the last time and I spent lots of pennies on treats... :mrgreen:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 04:55:04 AM »
It's supposedly their last tour, Peart wants to do other things with his life and Lifeson has serious arthritis issues.

They were always fashionably unfashionable, I'm happy to see that they are going out on a high given the resurgence of their career in the last 10 years. All those (musicians as) fans can't be wrong.

We will then have to live with Dream Theater as the remaining "muso band", that IS a disconcerting thought!  :-\
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

wellREDman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 10:23:51 AM »
really hope they add a European leg, never saw them live, always wanted to,
back when I was doing video  I  had a sniff of a chance at doing a  tour with them but it never came to pass. it will always be the big "one that  got away " for me 

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 03:29:02 PM »
I love Rush, and they have always been pretty frank and down to earth.

And...I *AM* Geddy Lee................just not THAT Geddy Lee.    :o
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty