Main Forums > The Outpost Cafe

So, what have you been listening to lately?

<< < (845/849) > >>

Dave W:

--- Quote from: uwe on April 24, 2024, 01:15:42 PM ---Nice too. Though I hate to say or write it, he really did play best on that Warwick Thumb in his later days, he was at his most expressive then. No wonder it was his go-to-instrument.

It still is one butt-ugly abomination of a bass.

--- End quote ---

I don't think it's ugly, it's one of the better looking Warwicks. He did play great on it.
--- Quote from: uwe on April 24, 2024, 01:22:04 PM ---
"Lay your coconut on my tiki"?  Dave!!!

--- End quote ---

You never heard that one before? It's from German Afternoons (1986), one of his best later albums

uwe:
Mötley seem to go back to their Corabi daze which were musically viable if commercially a failure:

That pterodactyl in the vid reminds me of a very poor joke ...  :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/fC-_m-3xd2U

uwe:
Time for some unabashed nepotism: This is one of my son‘s Californian buddies who invited him to play guitar and pedal steel on this track. Lamentably though, I don‘t hear much of a Ritchie Blackmore influence on this, uhum, country-tinged track, it sounds more like the poor kid had to grow up listening to Bernie Leadon and Don Felder all day! :mrgreen:

I swear we didn‘t hear THAT MUCH Eagles at home!

uwe:

wellREDman:

--- Quote from: uwe on April 26, 2024, 10:43:43 AM ---Mötley seem to go back to their Corabi daze which were musically viable if commercially a failure:

the CGI guys had such a lot of fun with that

song was fun too, John 5 is a good fit 
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version