Author Topic: Lacey Act news  (Read 6077 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Lacey Act news
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 09:54:08 AM »
I'm not anti-hunting and I've forgiven the Nuge some of the inanest comments in the past, but this here is disturbing to watch:

Anybody getting into that state of arousal ("I hear it moan!!!") about killing something should maybe have his hunting license taken away and take up knitting. Poor bear too. What a great, chivalrous huntsman Herr Nugent is, following its trail through the wilderness for days on foot, preying on it for hours before ... shooting it with his hi-tech bow before a huge plastic can with bait. My hero. All so natural.   :puke:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 10:06:28 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

patman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 10:10:43 AM »
I have a huge problem with killing for entertainment, or amusement.  This is my own personal problem...I 'm not trying to start a shit storm.  If I'm starving, it's a different story.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 10:19:11 AM »
Innocent bears and idiot-Detroiters aside, I read an article on Henry J in a German newspaper on the weekend ("The man who saved Gibson") which shed  a bit more light on him:

He was born 1953 in Argentina, son of a former Polish officer who had been a longtime POW in German WW II captivity (so that is why I never got that doubleneck ...   :mrgreen: ). The family moved to the US (Rochester, NY) subsequently (Henry had a brother too) and Henry became an (electronics) engineer with GM in Flint, MI, before eventually qualifying for a GM Harvard fellowship which would lead him into the investment banking world and there, more specifically, restructuring broke companies.

I didn't know he was a first generation immigrant. Nor that he had an engineering background. It probably explains a little bit how he ticks. The electronics background certainly lends some credibility to his enthusiasm for the Firebird X.

The article was also interesting for how Gibson became part of Norlin: Initially, Gibson sought the contact of Norlin as an industrial player to gain access to raw materials which were hard to come by as a guitar maker in WW II. Dependability on Norlin became such, they took Gibson over eventually.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 06:08:53 PM by uwe »

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 10:54:56 AM »
I have a huge problem with killing for entertainment, or amusement.  This is my own personal problem...I 'm not trying to start a shit storm.  If I'm starving, it's a different story.

Neither am I. I like bears so seeing one of them killed is not a pretty sight for me (I admit that the killing of predators in general pains me more than that of plant eaters which is certainly not fair to the latter), but I guess there are circumstances where a bear has to be or may be killed. And I even understand that a hunter derives satisfaction from a "kill", but gloating like this? I've been to a hunt as a passive guest, but did not experience something like that. Those among us who hunt: Is Nugent's reaction normal? Not that much with him is.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:28:56 PM by uwe »

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2012, 12:04:04 PM »
I'm not anti-hunting and I've forgiven the Nuge some of the inanest comments in the past, but this here is disturbing to watch:

Anybody getting into that state of arousal ("I hear it moan!!!") about killing something should maybe have his hunting license taken away and take up knitting. Poor bear too. What a great, chivalrous huntsman Herr Nugent is, following its trail through the wilderness for days on foot, preying on it for hours before ... shooting it with his hi-tech bow before a huge plastic can with bait. My hero. All so natural.   :puke:

That is just sick.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2012, 01:26:21 PM »
I'm not anti-hunting, but I see no point in trophy or rug hunting.  I think videos like this do the hunters' cause more damage than good. 

Gloating and rejoicing over the death of an animal is not appropriate - unless perhaps it's one that has been attacking people.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2012, 03:57:30 PM »
sick bastard, indeed. why did you post that clip? i wish you would delete it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 04:09:49 PM by nofi »
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2012, 04:36:06 PM »
Hunting for food is something I accept as part of nature...

A compound bow is a lethal weapon and the type of arrow-head used by TN in that video (and most American compound-bow hunters) is banned over here...

My, what a big, brave man you are, Mr Nugent...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

patman

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2012, 05:42:37 PM »
Here in the midwest, sometimes I feel pretty alone in my disdain for sport hunting.  It truly makes me feel better to know I am not alone.

Music and musicians are generally about trying to make the world a more beautiful place...not about death and destruction.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 05:52:52 PM by patman »

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2012, 06:16:43 PM »
sick bastard, indeed. why did you post that clip? i wish you would delete it.

Because it deserves to be seen for exposing him as what he is. A darn sadist. The creature is in pain ("Make sure I disconnect the pump station and kill that critter clean ..." my ass  >:( ). and he wets himself in enjoyment. If I didn't know better, I would say this is something Michael Moore must have staged, it's so way over the top (and at the same time below most human standards). But Nugent shows it on his own TV show. The mind boggles.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 04:05:50 AM by uwe »

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2012, 06:51:28 AM »
as i stated before i distain hunting for any reason but am a gun owner. my view on hunting is that you snuff out millions of years of animal evolution in an instant when you kill something. this may seem a rather trippy view on the subject but i also believe no one has the right to kill anything. period. a rather ridgid (no pun here) stance but there you go. i keep guns to protect my family because at this point i am the only one capable of doing so. also if the world ever goes to total hell there will be plenty of 'junior teds' out there shooting up everything that moves. i don't want to be a trophy liberal. ;D
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

patman

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2012, 07:26:47 AM »
Not a gun owner or believer here. Guess I'm a trophy to be...

I too don't believe in killing anything...

I also believe in the concept of Karma...negative acts result in negative consequences...even if it is only the fact that I will probably never support what this guy's doing, be it music or TV or whatever.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 07:41:36 AM by patman »

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2012, 02:39:14 PM »
Negative kharma? But Ted Nugent was already born as Ted Nugent, what further punishment could there be?  ???

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2012, 03:04:59 PM »
Ted Nugent is an asshole.
And I don't even care about his music either  :mrgreen:

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2012, 05:06:41 PM »
Forgive the young man here. He was spending more time on psychedelic solos and less on murdering bears back then.