Author Topic: hmm, it could be useful  (Read 2372 times)

nofi

hmm, it could be useful
« on: June 25, 2008, 04:30:52 PM »
http://www.propellerheads.se/products/refills/reb/index.cfm?fuseaction=get_article&article=what_is_it

not exactly my bass philosophy but the video is interesting. btw anybody ever hear of this guy. :o

« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 04:37:28 PM by nofi »

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
Re: hmm, it could be useful
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 06:17:28 PM »
Yeah man he is one of the top "TWO" bass players on earth!  :sad:

Just ask him  :rolleyes:

Hang on a sec, I need more fret noise please!

What is this guy about?  Is he saying that if you use this software and a keyboard that as a bassist you will no longer need to play your bass?

:gay:
Digresion our specialty!

ramone57

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 07:47:14 PM »
well he just broke my mind. :sad:   I wish I had a bass and an amplifier, too.  damn it!

for the market they're targeting, it's kind of cool, and they picked some nice instruments to sample.
I don't think too many real players are going to lose much work because of it though. 

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 03:52:49 AM »
Good for someone with carpal tunnel.

nofi

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 04:22:56 AM »
yeah, this guy broke my mind so bad i had to turn him off after that remark. the company may do better with a less delusional spokesman. ??? still an interesting idea for a keyboard player. i wonder if they sampled the sound of a string breaking. :mrgreen:

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 05:29:39 AM »
I can't believe I never heard of this guy......I mean seeing that I must be the other top rated bass player he was talking about. I also  believe I must be a genius too and I'm pretty sure I'm a philanthropist and most definately , I'm capable of breaking someones mind ,or even body, if required :o ;).
No overdose of humility going on here :P

This fuggin' guy must be double jointed or his arm would be broken from all the patting himself on the back that was going on there. :)
Interesting product though.

Rick

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 08:32:40 AM »
What a turdhead! Even if I were interested in the product (and I'd never be), his promo would be enough to convince me not to.

I never heard of him either but I did a quick search for Adam Dorn. Turns out it's not "motion worker" -- he's known as "Mocean Worker" or "MoWo" -- at least in his own mind.  :rolleyes:

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 03:46:00 AM »
What a turdhead!

Birth Name: Adam Dorn
Genre: Electronica
Active: '90s, 2000s
Instrument: Producer

Dorn's father Joel was one of the stalwart producers at Atlantic Records during the 1960s and '70s, helming sessions by Coltrane and Mingus as well as pop records like Roberta Flack's "Killing Me Softly, " Bette Midler's debut album and the Allman Brothers' Idlewild South. Adam, a bass player and vocalist, studied at Berklee College of Music and worked extensively in the music industry as well, with artists ranging from David Sanborn to Hal Willner to Chaka Khan.

Digresion our specialty!

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2008, 08:26:06 AM »
And that somehow makes him less of a turdhead? Or is that supposed to explain why he's a turdhead?

I doubt Berklee gave him his overinflated ego. A friend of mine studied at Berklee and he's a very humble guy who would never lord it over anybody. Then again he's a rock and alt-country guitarist who makes music people actually listen to and can dance to.

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 11:58:39 PM »
And that somehow makes him less of a turdhead? Or is that supposed to explain why he's a turdhead?

I doubt Berklee gave him his overinflated ego. A friend of mine studied at Berklee and he's a very humble guy who would never lord it over anybody. Then again he's a rock and alt-country guitarist who makes music people actually listen to and can dance to.

hahah  no Dave, I just cut and pasted a bio I found about him.

As you can see in my pic, I couldn't agree more with you. A turd is a turd is a turd.   ;D
Digresion our specialty!

ilan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 12:31:40 PM »
I thought it was all tongue-in-cheek.
The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 01:26:33 PM »
You may be right ilan but if it was Jerry Seinfeld we may have had a reference point to what angle he was coming from.

When its  Adam Dorn (who until now it seems most of us have never heard of) he just ends up looking like a dick.  Just my opinion... :-\
Digresion our specialty!

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 01:51:47 PM »
Yeah, if that was tongue-in-cheek then my irony detector needs recalibrating.  :)  But I could be wrong.

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2008, 06:21:46 AM »
Yeah, if that was tongue-in-cheek then my irony detector needs recalibrating.  :)  But I could be wrong.

I'm missing the irony too, but the turdhead  piece is coming in loud and clear.
Rick