Gear Discussion Forums > Fender Basses

New Squier Paranormal Rascal bass

(1/3) > >>

ilan:
The 3 lipstick tube pickups of the Fender model from 10 years ago now replaced with two Tele Bass MkII "wide range humbuckers" in the Squier version, the cool Guild bridge/tailpiece is replaced with a Mustang unit and there is a standard pickup selector switch instead of a lever. $450-500 street.

I liked the old Rascal a lot - a 30" bass that unlike Mustangs/Musicmasters/Broncos doesn't feel like a toy, and has the nut exactly where your hand remembers it from years of playing 34" Fenders.

Dave W:
I'm surprised b/c the original Rascal wasn't a sales success.

The Guild bridge was leftover stock from Fender's mid-90s Guild reissue Starfire.

morrow:
A Rascal was sitting in the rack of our local Fender dealer and being a Dano nut I found the three lipstick pickups intriguing. It was eventually marked down and disappeared out the door.
I probably should have snagged it but I was thinking I was a bit crowded with basses. Now they seem to fetch a premium.
Not as interested in the humbuckers , but if I see one on the rack , I’ll try it out.

ilan:

--- Quote from: Dave W on May 02, 2023, 04:48:47 PM ---I'm surprised b/c the original Rascal wasn't a sales success.

--- End quote ---

Shorties have made a comeback since then.

morrow:
The bridge on the original Rascal is placed quite a distance into the body , so it doesn’t really feel like a short shortscale … one reason I hesitated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version