Gear Discussion Forums > Fender Basses

1966 Charcoal Frost Metallic Jazz Bass matching headstock

(1/2) > >>

ilan:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/155449151236

Transition J with lollipops and bound/dots neck. This thing with the chrome covers will look stellar.

In my experience – best year for J's (for P's it's 1969 imho).

$9,826 BIN, free shipping from Japan. A good deal, I think.

morrow:
I’m an old Fender guy , but I don’t play them much now , still have some Pbasses. I’m not sure about good years , they were never consistent. Now I look on the Fender fanatics as a lunatic fringe.
And I’m baffled why someone might pay almost ten thousand for one.

ilan:

--- Quote from: morrow on April 24, 2023, 05:02:32 AM ---I’m an old Fender guy , but I don’t play them much now , still have some Pbasses. I’m not sure about good years , they were never consistent. Now I look on the Fender fanatics as a lunatic fringe.
And I’m baffled why someone might pay almost ten thousand for one.

--- End quote ---

If not for anything else then for its collector value. It's an original vintage Jazz, unmodified, in an extremely rare custom color. $10K is a bargain. And it's a very good bass, should you want to play it. Or flip it and make a profit.

morrow:
I’m flummoxed by how the market has been driven up and remember when used basses were cheaper than new ones. 

Oh I know many are quite willing to pay a lot more , but it’s progressed to the point of madness.

Dave W:
That is lovely. And considering the vintage market, you're right, it's a very reasonable price.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version