Gear Discussion Forums > Fender Basses

Bass VI

(1/3) > >>

morrow:
A Squier Bass VI popped up in our local kijiji , I dawdled and it quickly sold , and then I was thinking I really should have immediately bought the thing . And then discovered a slightly used (rented once) one at my local L&M .
Decided to rent it for a month , it’s just over a dollar a day , and after one day I’m pretty sure I’m going to keep it .
The originals are rare and expensive so I’m quite happy Squier give you a cheap alternative . Fit and finish are fine , plays well , sounds great .
Some say these need heavier strings and that sometimes the bridge saddles have to be reversed for intonation , but so far I’m happy with the factory setup .
I’ll probably never use it for the gigs I do , but it will be a wonderful guilty pleasure at home .

amptech:
Nice!

morrow:
Two days with it and I don’t think it will be returned , but I’m thinking the trial period would prevent any buyer’s remorse . Truth is I’ve been playing a lot of strange stuff on it , Herself says it sounds like Twin Peaks around the house .
Now I’m going to have to find tremolo and reverb pedals .
This is over twenty basses scattered around a fairly small house so I need to do some weeding . Thankfully Herself looks upon most instruments as art so there’s no pressure there .
But I’m liking the VI . My fingers are somewhat sore from the different stress , although I can play upright or standard bass for days without fatigue .

Rob:
Post a sound clip!

gearHed289:
Good call on trem and verb! A Bass VI would be cool to have. Not something that would get used a lot, so something cheaper is perfect. Enjoy!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version