Author Topic: Fender Jaguar 6 strings  (Read 1773 times)

tore00

• Southern by grace of God
    • View Profile
    • Snakebite
Fender Jaguar 6 strings
« on: January 07, 2011, 02:05:12 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.it/Fender-baritone-custom-jaguar-guitar-bass-vi-/280610783612?pt=Guitar&hash=item4155b4c17c

It looks strange to me. Should it have three pickups, the Fender VI decal and the tremolo bridge?
Maker of the Bad-Sonic Pickups

Sven

• View Profile
Re: Fender Jaguar 6 strings
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 03:54:40 PM »
It should if it was a Fender Bass VI. These were made a couple of years ago.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 08:35:29 PM »
It's definitely not a regular Bass VI, it's a Jaguar Baritone Custom. The scale length is 28 1/2". At one point Fender marketed it in the US as a Jaguar Bass VI Custom, which only confused things.

hieronymous

• View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/hieronymous-seven
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 10:11:58 PM »
I was living in Japan when they first put these out, with an even different name - you guys are going to love this - the "Jaguar Bottom Master"

The shorter scale length meant the that low E wasn't that great. Plus, the tuning pegs were for guitar, so regular 30" scale Bass VI style strings wouldn't work. They finally put out special strings for it but they were really hard to track down. Mine is the "gun metal blue" finish with humbuckers, plus this first round had built in fuzz!

I don't have a lot of pictures of mine, but I have a few soundclips floating around:

(I turn the fuzz on near the end)

(this one is all fuzz)

Sorry, nothing clean, everything's effected...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 10:37:18 PM »
- you guys are going to love this - the "Jaguar Bottom Master"

OK, you've done it now.   ;)
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 09:35:35 AM »
Harry...  :o

(and I thought he was such a nice genteel type of fellow...) ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 10:06:53 AM »
Actually, I really dig the sound of that Fender clip with the fuzz on.  I've always liked that sound - I had a Univox SuperFuzz for years that I loved playing through solo.  Problem is, I don't like the sound of fuzz when I'm playing with others.  It seems to completely eliminate the attack of the notes as they are played, so I just end up with this woofy fuzzy sound in the background.  Fuzz is fun, but it's a sound I can use at a gig.

So I've changed from fuzz to a Bad Monkey OD (Humphreys mod) and I like it much better.  I sold the Univox pedal (it was in fantastic shape, stored for 25 years) and got over $400 for it on Ebay!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."