Author Topic: Thunderbird Ho  (Read 16999 times)

chromium

• View Profile
Re: Thunderbird Ho
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2010, 01:23:11 PM »
Nice birds!

Was your '67 refinished?  Its beautiful.  I really like that color (kerry green?).

I like the color of your Lull too - kind of an ice blue, right?  Someone here had a 76 that had been refined in a color like that, IIRC.

I'd love to try the Lull pickups someday.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2010, 01:53:00 PM »

Heny, they're all sweet!

Love that Ice Blue Lull, nice that someone else here can sing the praises of that bass  ;D
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2010, 02:29:35 PM »
The comparison in common is the feel they both feel pretty similar but the tone from the 67 is nice and meaty kinda in your face grunt and girth, The Bach is a little more subdued and mellower but I'm sure it's the Artec's or the electronics. Don't get me wrong the Bach sounds good and sits well in the mix it's just missing something the 67 has.
The Lull is just plain ole nasty, I'm calling it my Marshall killer. I can play any genre of music with that bass and it finds it's place. The Bart pre (I was really never a fan) really shines on this bass and takes it to a whole new level of tone shaping.. I can make it sound like the Orville, The 67 or Bach, Then I can twist a few knobs and get a great Jazz bass burp tone or monster P tone, Very Versatile bass. I love it.

i didn't realize Mike was putting preamps in the tbirds.  i thought they were all passive.  is that an option you requested or standard in the bass.  Mark isn'y yours passive???
Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2010, 03:22:44 PM »

Yes, it's an option. Tho at the time I ordered mine it wasn't - no loss for me tho, I love it's
passive tone.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

bassvirtuoso

• My God, it's full of chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2010, 04:38:58 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that Ice Blue one originally Kebo's?
-Dave

German-American Chrome Fan Club Member #666

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2010, 04:53:24 PM »

I think Henry's asleep already!

But yeah, that was Kebo's.

Funkster

• View Profile
    • JFHProductions
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2010, 07:36:43 AM »
Yep I was at rehearsal last night guy's,, The 67 was refinned to Kerry Green, Nice job also by Krishna out at Boston guitar works, The Lull is ice blue metallic and was ordered special for Kebo, I looked at that bass everyday for 3 months until I finally made him an offer he couldn't refuse,, lol Glad I did also.. Easily my favorite bass out of the 20 or so that I have but they all get equal lovin!.
Thanks guy's I appreciate the kudos'.
LIFE Is all about ass. You're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, or trying to get a piece of it. 
http://www.jfhproductions.net/
Henry

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2010, 11:14:54 AM »
which Bart preamp is that.  NTMB ?  2 or 3 tone

Man i love those lull's .  can't decide which is nicer  - the blue or the orange???  GAS list 1A
Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

Funkster

• View Profile
    • JFHProductions
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2010, 11:17:41 AM »
Not sure?? How can I tell? I'll drop Mr Lull a line and see if he remembers...
LIFE Is all about ass. You're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, or trying to get a piece of it. 
Henry

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2010, 07:54:58 PM »
The 67 was refinned to Kerry Green, Nice job also by Krishna out at Boston guitar works

Ah ok - I was kinda wondering if it was the same one.  Krishna is a really nice guy.  I bought an EB-0 from him off Ebay once with the original intent of refinishing it.  Years before, I had seen an EB-3 in sparkling burgundy, loved it, and I was thinking of trying to refin the EB-0 like that.  I saw on his blog that he had done up a melody maker in SB, and he not only shared his approach to replicating that color but also sent me some of the materials along with the bass.  Really cool.

I got distracted by the BaCH, but might still try that finish one of these days.  Looks challenging to apply, to say the least.

Funkster

• View Profile
    • JFHProductions
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2010, 05:07:38 AM »
Krishna is a great guy and does fantastic work, I had a 68 Tele bass and he restored it from a complete basket case in Candy apple red, He did my 64 P in Fiesta and my 72 P in LPB. I'm going to have him do the Bach in Cardinal Red..
Henry

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2010, 09:26:41 AM »
Here's my home made NR ho, modeled after my 60's NR.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 09:36:31 AM by drbassman »
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

Funkster

• View Profile
    • JFHProductions
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2010, 09:31:35 AM »
That is friggin sweet! 8)
Henry

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2010, 09:37:32 AM »
Thanks!  I love my TBs!
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

mc2NY

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2010, 05:40:11 PM »
Here's my current flock of "Birds....Gibbys, Hamers, Jacksons, ESPs, Greco.