Author Topic: Sting, Jack Bruce, and Gene Simmons criticize X-Factor  (Read 3334 times)

lowend1

• View Profile
Re: Sting, Jack Bruce, and Gene Simmons criticize X-Factor
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 01:07:54 PM »
It may take a little while but eventually kids will be forming bands and actually working on their songs and how to play them and not just how they'll look on the video.

They will have to get over the whole instant gratification thing first. Most have no patience for the "learn and grow" approach.
If I can play devil's advocate here for a minute - I agree that most AI contestants aren't all that spectacular, but the idea is to pare the field down to 10 who ARE unique, talented and marketable. My problem with the whole thing is the voting system, which allows for uber-multiple votes and reduces the competition to a popularity contest. During Idol's run here in the US, there have been some true stars - but also an unfortunate number of flash-in-the-pan types.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: Sting, Jack Bruce, and Gene Simmons criticize X-Factor
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 01:40:29 PM »
Jackie watches it and I dip in for the "train wrecks" at the start - once it gets into the "final ten/twelve/whatever" it's trash for the masses...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...