Main Forums > The Outpost Cafe

1980's National Geographic Arctic Shipwreck article. Anyone remember it?

<< < (3/3)

Lightyear:

--- Quote from: OldManC on January 03, 2009, 02:14:59 PM ---Man, you guys are great! With his initial information I found the article posted by Scott and read through that before finding it linked here along with the other suggestions. Lightyear tell your wife I would be greatly indebted to her if she were able to find more. I'm hoping to track down that back issue once I know the month and year as well.

Thanks guys!

--- End quote ---

She did a search from home , with the earlier criteria,  and she came up with a dozen articles but none sound like the right one - the only one close was a sunken vessel.  Do you think that the ships names, and captains name , are correct?  If so I'll ask to search again with the new info.

Here's the closest thing she found today.  I don't see how they get a 400 year old ship from and 1850's shipwreck?

"National Geographic July 1983
Exploring a 400 year old ship under Arctic ice
Explores sea-vessel Breadalbane that was submerged in the Northwest Passage of Canada in 1853. Nickname of the vessel given by the author; Circumstances that led to wreckage of the vessel."

rubato:
every national geographic that ever was comes up on ebay. there are 2446 of them at the moment. most of the listings have cover shots and listings of the articles inside. some people put more detail in their ad for a $2 magazine than others do for a $2000 bass. if you do a search by year, you'll likely find it.

Bass VI:
George,

Being the lifelong PBS nerd that I am ( years of Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers, Monty Python and Brit-coms ) I noticed that Nova is doing a show about the search for the Arctic Passage, and sure enough the commercial had a shot of your frozen sailor. It's airing Tuesday at 7:00 here in OKC ( central time ) you might want to check your listing or go to http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/

Scott ( BVI )

OldManC:
Thanks, Scott! I'll have my wife DVR it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version