Author Topic: Thunderbird Display Case  (Read 4425 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Thunderbird Display Case
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2011, 06:34:53 AM »

But I hope Fräulein Rommel doesn't get carried away in a customizing frenzy ... some things should never be ... surely, even for model train enthusiasts there must be unwritten laws of decorum and general good taste?  :-\

Better stay on a historical course then, after all Pearl Harbor saw quite some battlesheeps sunk:

« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 07:33:50 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2011, 11:02:02 AM »
Do they have properly scaled sheep?

That's funny - I didn't know sheep had scales!   :rimshot:
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2011, 11:09:19 AM »

I'm off to the train shop today - I've printed your pics out to show the very straight  laced proprieter of the shop. Should be fun, I still have a bit of hangover from last nights Glenlivit  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2011, 12:23:12 PM »

Just thought I'd share a little something that I ordered quite awhile back - End of August actually that arrived just before Christmas and as I've had a little extra time I've managed to get it installed in the  house. It's a custom made display case built to hold a Thunderbird, it was made by Playola of Texas to my specification( I sent them a tracing of a '76 for size). The finish is a medium oak with a dark blue velvet backing and it has a plexiglass hinged door with a magnetic center latch plus 2 small tab closures at the corners. Overall the case is very nicely constructed and it arrived in very good condition via Fedex Ground it easily holds any of my 'Birds including Bach NR's.
 I have it mounted next to my dining table on the main floor of my house, which I have been remodeling over the course of the year past - almost done too, when it is I'll share some more photos.

Here it is with my white '89.

And with the door open to reduce some image glare.

Funny all I hear in my head is Tweety singing I'm Just A Bird In a Gilded Cage............................I wish i could hang my basses in the dinning room.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2011, 02:26:53 PM »
Funny all I hear in my head is Tweety singing I'm Just A Bird In a Gilded Cage............................I wish i could hang my basses in the dinning room.

I tawt I taw a Tunderboid!

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2011, 02:38:11 PM »

See that's the nice thing about being single - I only had to consult with myself about the merits of decorating my house with Thunderbirds............. It was a short debate and obviously I won  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2011, 02:43:31 PM »
See that's the nice thing about being single - I only had to consult with myself about the merits of decorating my house with Thunderbirds............. It was a short debate and obviously I won  ;)

Yaas, all the great minds were in agreement!