Author Topic: Thunderbird Display Case  (Read 4427 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: Thunderbird Display Case
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2011, 06:54:07 PM »

Dang! I'm still at work, I'd love a doubleshot of decent Scotch right now  :sad:

Methinks Mark has a new infatuation.  Who'll tell the girlfriend??
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

n!k

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 06:56:13 PM »
If you ever need a great disguise for a trap door, secret room, or escape tunnel, this would be a great one. Simply open the case, play the first three bass notes on Baba O'Reily, and the wall spins around.
Half-speed Hawkwind

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2011, 12:06:31 AM »
Methinks Mark has a new infatuation.  Who'll tell the girlfriend??

She knows!  ;D

As if she could change what Mr Liver wants  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2011, 08:54:38 AM »
Well............ ;)

I do have a reputation uphold here, but in this case the location of the *fun devices* ( yes I have a Cat o'Nine tails and many other "toys")
 is the upstairs bedroom - The cellar is The Nasty Habits rehearsal space and my model train building desk.
 I really decided to have the case built after a co worker suggested it....He said " you spend all that money and time with them ( the basses) and you love playing so much how can you not want to show them off? It's definately meant as a changeable display, tho I'll keep the more $$$ basses upstairs :)

You are a (wo)man of eclectic tastes, Mark! Way to go!

That said, I always had a hunch that all model train collectors lead a secret, alternative life!  :mrgreen:

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2011, 11:34:01 AM »
You are a (wo)man of eclectic tastes, Mark! Way to go!

That said, I always had a hunch that all model train collectors lead a secret, alternative life!  :mrgreen:

I do!
I'm a Drag Queen Bassplayer in a loud rock band...........

Before working in lighting I spent about 6 years behind the counter at one of Seattle's bigger train shops, I'm pretty well known - but not as Fraulein Rommel ;D

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2011, 12:04:23 PM »

Before working in lighting I spent about 6 years behind the counter at one of Seattle's bigger train shops, I'm pretty well known - but not as Fraulein Rommel ;D

Would that be the one near (north of) Qwest and Safeco Fields?  I remember seeing one there, on a visit some years back.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 12:28:20 PM »
Would that be the one near (north of) Qwest and Safeco Fields?  I remember seeing one there, on a visit some years back.

That was "The Electric Train shop" run by a former co-worker of mine, he's since moved it to West Seattle - Good thing too, a cut and fill tunnel to replace the Alaskan Way Viaduct is being built right thru that very location.
 I worked for Express Station Hobbies, very near Southcenter, not far from where I presently work for Seattle Lighting.   

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2011, 01:23:59 PM »
As overheard in a Seattle toy shop:

"Now Sir, will that be Märklin or Fleischmann I shall crush for you with my stilettos? Make up your mind, schnell, schnell, we don't have all day!!!"

http://www.boingboing.net/2007/09/11/fetish-dvds-for-men.html

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2011, 02:48:52 PM »

;D

Vielen Danke Herr Moderator.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2011, 03:16:22 PM »
Dang! I'm still at work, I'd love a doubleshot of decent Scotch right now  :sad:

Do I warn my Clansmen now...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 03:54:34 PM »
I do!
I'm a Drag Queen Bassplayer in a loud rock band...........

I'm sure that there is some pithy comment available here about "being behind the counter before coming out of the closet" but I'm not really up to working it out right now.  :)
Digresion our specialty!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2011, 08:03:48 PM »
I think we should exercise discretion rather than ask Uwe HOW he found that particular fetish site.  :o

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2011, 01:18:08 PM »
She would have to trample a 1/72 Pearl Harbor display wearing a Dirndl and screaming "Tora, tora, tora!" for me to find it particularly alluring/arousing ... Ax(i)s(ex) Powers you know ...  :-[ :-[ :-[

I'm sure if we googled "model trains and sex with juvenile animals" we'd strike rich too ...  :mrgreen: ;)

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2011, 01:32:40 PM »
She would have to trample a 1/72 Pearl Harbor display wearing a Dirndl and screaming "Tora, tora, tora!" for me to find it particularly alluring/arousing ... Ax(i)s(ex) Powers you know ...  :-[ :-[ :-[

;D

Okay!
I'll start the diorama today  ;)

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2011, 06:51:33 PM »
Do they have properly scaled sheep?