Author Topic: a thanks  (Read 1264 times)

pbrocker56

• View Profile
a thanks
« on: March 29, 2009, 10:20:13 PM »
Edited myself for unneeded ranting.

Thank you BassOutpost for a new home, and great knowledgeable people. And while I've yet to get into any of you guy's inside jokes, mannerisms, and whatnot, I hope to learn.

Best,
Michael
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 10:49:01 PM by pbrocker56 »
Are you real, Frank!?

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: A rant. a vent, and a thanks
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 10:41:15 PM »
Michael, I appreciate the thanks and the sentiment, but we are just not going to discuss what goes on at other forums.

Our original 50 or so members knew each other for several years from another place that no longer exists. So some of the inside jokes predate this forum. Stick around and you'll eventually figure things out.

pbrocker56

• View Profile
Re: A rant. a vent, and a thanks
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 10:45:11 PM »
I understand, if you would like to delete this thread, please do. Just blinded from the heat of the moment.

Hopefully I'll be around to eventually get it all.

Edit: Actually, I'll remove the contents of the original post. Didn't know I could do that.
Are you real, Frank!?

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: a thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 10:42:21 AM »
Welcome to the neighborhood, Michael. This place may seem a little 'different' at first, but (like Dave said), you'll get used to us quickly! Most of the inside jokes aren't that hard to follow once you get to know the various personalities making them. Most of us aren't rocket scientists (one or two of us just may be), so it's not like anything will be going over your head.  :mrgreen:

The best compliment I can give this place is that, once you sift through all the personality, you'll find a great repository of knowledge (even about basses, sometimes!) and people who are more than happy to share what they know. Opinions are strong, but mostly shared with a wink and a smile. And quite honestly, the more the merrier. I'm glad you found us.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 11:39:46 AM »

Always feel free to jump in Michael!
This a fun and respectful place that you'd find open to any questions you might have.........
Some of the jokes are way inside, like me and Doug (Chris P)......but it's all just fun and we'd hope everyone would join in. Glad you're here  :)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

rockinrayduke

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 11:53:30 AM »
What these guys said........ :mrgreen:

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 03:04:17 PM »
I write about "rocket scientists" when I can get away with it, but they only allow the use of crayons in here...

Nurse...! quick...! the gag...!

Otherwise, most of the inmates are quite lenient and many are highly altruistic...

Enjoy the trip, Michael, and remember, the point of the journey is not only to arrive...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 03:07:35 PM »
Welcome!

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, knowwhutImean?  :mrgreen:
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 03:52:17 AM »
Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a fish a man, and he'll eat for weeks!
Takayuki Ikkaku, Arisa Hosaka and Toshihiro Kawabata, Animal Crossing: Wild World, 2005

What does this mean?

I have no idea, but welcome.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 04:00:54 AM »
I kinda like that quote!

Of course it's said by people like the Dutch prince Claus: Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day; give thos man a fishing rod and he can eat his whole life. In other words: Don't send money and food to Africa, but help them grow and make food. And this is a very funny variation:)

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 11:17:44 AM »
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a moment. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 05:24:35 AM »
 :rolleyes:

We should have a thread for poor metaphors.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...