Author Topic: The JCS Blues  (Read 943 times)

angrymatt

• View Profile
The JCS Blues
« on: August 10, 2008, 06:21:16 AM »
So last Saturday I picked up (impulse buy, I should've saved my money) a brand new, gold top, JCS.  And I love it.  Played the crap out of it in the store when they pulled it out of the box.  The frets buzzed a tiny bit, but I figured I could work with that.

And I did.  When I got it home, I tweaked with the bridge just a little bit, and pa-POW!  No more buzz.  Even when I really beat on it with a pick.  Except, what's that 9th fret on the G string buzzing all about?
For some strange reason the 9th fret, just on the G string portion, is set lower than the rest of the frets, resulting in a terrible buzz.

Ugh, so Monday morning it goes back to the store.  They have another one so I'm going to get to swap mine out for that one (10 day return policy) and see where to go from there.  It's a shame too, because I really feel like I've bonded with this one.
angrymatt, the lurk
'13 NR Thunder "Blue" Bird | '09 BaCHBird | '07 Zebrabird | '06 Tobias Growler | '03 Spector Rebop 5 | '87 Heritage

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Re: The JCS Blues
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 06:41:42 AM »
 Most Epi's I have owned or played need a good fret dressing. My JC needed one and both Epi EB3s and my Tbird needed one. part of the charm of the price.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

rockinrayduke

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 09:02:13 AM »
I've found on my JC that it doesn't like some brands of strings. It does like Slinkys so I keep feeding it Slinkys. :mrgreen: You might try some different strings on yours, see if you can work that buzz out.

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 05:03:59 PM »
My Woody bass definitely needed a dressing and carefully selected strings. Once it was made right it has stayed perfect.
Digresion our specialty!