Author Topic: Dan(ce)electro ...  (Read 882 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Dan(ce)electro ...
« on: October 05, 2020, 03:11:49 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U0mazl1i0g&list=RD-U0mazl1i0g&start_radio=1&t=80

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M4dZw37i7s&list=RD-U0mazl1i0g&index=6

Even with Betty Paige playing bass, surf music tends to overstay its welcome kinda quickly with me. I always think of cartoon soundtracks when hearing it for a while.  :-X
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 03:17:36 PM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: Dan(ce)electro ...
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 08:25:39 PM »
When Dick Dale was playing it, the experience was totally different!

RIP, Dick.

Also, when Los Straitjackets play it, there's usually a great visual component...in this case, with girls. These may be the last two go-go dancers in the US.

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 08:39:58 AM »
V-v-voluptuous! There is a German saying: "Wie man sich bettet, so liegt man." You only lie down as well as you bed yourself.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 12:35:56 PM »
I really like the rhythm changes in that tune, and I appreciate the sisters continuing the noble art of Go-Go dancing.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

morrow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2020, 07:26:40 AM »
I have a love for Dano Longhorn basses . I remembered seeing bands on tv with them in the mid/later 60's , I had no idea they were cheap little things . Just a very distinct shape .
So when the Evets Corp decided to put down some re-issues , I was excited . I'd never seen an original . They weren't common in Canada .
I didn't care for the feel . It felt too light , flimsy , and I really didn't care for the shortscale . But over time I kept picking them up , and finally decided to get one .
Gigged it enough to break even and put it aside .
Kept picking it up and started spending more and more time playing the cheap little thing . One day I realized I was using it more than anything else . It was kind of an embarrassing revelation . And for years it was my #1 . I never changed the strings . It just got thumpier and thumpier .
Also discovered that despite weighing nothing it was tough as nails . I came to love the popsicle stick bridge and just about everything about it . I had become a Dano aficianado . And I became ok with that .
Every once in a while I'd buy another bass , I'd gig it enough to break even , and go right back to the Dano . And everytime I'd bring the Dano back I'd hear my band mates saying they were really glad to hear the Dano back .
At the present I'm gigging an Eastwood to break even , and the little Gibson DC Jr might just replace the Dano as a currant favourite .
We'll see .