Author Topic: New pics at cool gig  (Read 1631 times)

pamlicojack

• View Profile
New pics at cool gig
« on: August 03, 2008, 08:25:26 PM »
Charlotte NC is now the home of the National Whitewater and Training center.  http://www.usnwc.org/

Every week they have live music.  A couple of weeks ago, HH was lucky enough to perform on the stage which literally hangs over the river. It was one of the funner gigs we've played in a while.  About 700 people hanging out on a pleasant summer evening, very nice scenery, and got a nice paycheck to boot.  Hadn't pulled out the '81 J in a few months and it sounded great.

Pics courtesy of Shakti:

« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 06:08:23 AM by pamlicojack »

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
Re: New pics at cool gig
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 05:08:00 AM »
GIDDDY UP!
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 07:29:31 AM »
...  Hadn't pulled out the '81 P in a few months and it sounded great.

Looks like a nice gig, but your '81 P looks a lot like a J.  8)

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 07:49:18 AM »
That is a beautiful spot in NC :)
I did a motor trip a few years ago in my supercharged/nitrous enhanced  Miata through the backroads of Ohio , Virginia, W Virginia, North Carolina, Tenn and Kentucky. North Carolina has a lot of great spots. Great roads around the area you were gigging.Deals Gap on the NC/ Tenn border is absolute sports car heaven, 318 curves in 11 miles :o.
 I stayed a few days at the Biltmore in Ashville. They had a blues thing going on every afternoon from about 1 to 5 with a group called Elliot and the Untouchables. I thought that would have made for an excellent gig too. Beautiful place,great food, nice crowd and a nice little winery and cigar bar. I spent every afternoon there with a cigar and a bottle of wine thinking I had died and gone to heaven ;D

Rick

pamlicojack

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 06:09:35 AM »
Looks like a nice gig, but your '81 P looks a lot like a J.  8)

:P  Details, details...