Author Topic: Ozzy ...  (Read 838 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Ozzy ...
« on: January 24, 2020, 09:51:55 AM »

I remember that even as far back as his reality show, I always wondered about his walk and his shaking hands, but he denied Parkinson at the time. It has now caught up with him and he looks visibly shaken with a feeble talking voice, no typical Ozzy-deadpans either.

Say what you will about Sharon, who has all kinds of skeletons in her closet, but she will take good care of him. No more tours now for good I think.

Ironically, Judas Priest were to be the opening act for the European part of the tour which got shelved already last year (though sold out quickly) because of Ozzy's health issues. Priest already lost their musical director Glenn Tipton to Parkinson and now this.

That is becoming a prevalent disease, my dad had it too.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 09:57:41 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
Re: Ozzy ...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 02:34:33 AM »
I wonder how they managed to diagnose him, as he’s had all the symptoms for at least two decades already.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 09:31:43 AM »
My best friend (since high school) has Parkinson's and is doing all he can to slow or freeze its effects.  He has known about it for more than a year now. He seems to be doing OK so far, but his fine motor skills in keyboarding and writing are definitely affected. He is a retired Army sergeant, and has been driving a bus in his hometown for 20 years.  He had to retire a couple of years early because he doubted he could pass his next driving test.

He is one of the finest, kindest, most ethical people I know. All I can do is hope that medicine helps him hold or slow the progress of the disease.

I can only hope for more progress in fighting this and other neuromuscular diseases.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 10:15:57 AM »
I've listened to the new album more than a few times now, it sure is melodic. Ozzy is an incredibly limited singer, but he puts his stamp on everything within two seconds of singing and somehow, his minimalistic, almost-childlike melodies stick in your brain.

And there's even a minibiopic video of him and Sharon (no less than the driving force behind his post-Sabbath success):

Plus a nod to his iconic "Sweet Leaf"-intro:

« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 11:44:16 AM by uwe »

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2020, 10:54:26 AM »
Hopefully, Sting won't ever listen to this here though, it stands a little close to some of his more early work ...

westen44

• View Profile
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

doombass

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2020, 07:24:36 AM »
Hmm, three of the titles listed above indicates he's throwing in the towel. "Goodbye", "Under the graveyard" and "Straight to hell".

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2020, 09:02:49 AM »
Never a fan of Ozzy or his music, but congrats to him for still being alive after everything he has lived through (mostly self-inflicted.)
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2020, 10:58:39 AM »
Hmm, three of the titles listed above indicates he's throwing in the towel. "Goodbye", "Under the graveyard" and "Straight to hell".

Well, it's not like Sabbath were among the most life-affirming bands, were they?  :mrgreen: Unless you're Scandinavian of course and your name contains something morbid like, uhum, "doom" or somesuchlike ...

The Beach Boys from Birmingham (UK) they were not.

Instead of The Beach Boys, the likewise often jolly (at least in their first phase) Temptations will have to do:

Unrelated to Ozzy, but still fun:

« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 11:08:33 AM by uwe »

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2020, 02:34:00 PM »