Author Topic: Fuchs Bruiser Bass Amp  (Read 1142 times)

lowend1

• View Profile
Fuchs Bruiser Bass Amp
« on: May 21, 2011, 07:24:43 PM »
I was over at Fuchs' shop last week and had the opportunity to wring out a prototype of their first bass amp, the Bruiser. Pretty neat. I posted my thoughts and observations over on TB, right about here:
http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/fuchs-bruiser-772423/
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Boomer

• View Profile
Re: Fuchs Bruiser Bass Amp
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 10:16:59 PM »
Even though I am primarily a bass player, I have owned virtually every amp that Andy has put into production with the exception of the Mantis (metal). I also worked for Andy for a number of years so I'm a bit biased but I like to think I'm one of the "many bass players who asked for a bass amp that reflected the same commitment to tone that our guitar amps have."

I've been waiting since about 2001 (or 2002 ... my memory is shot) for this amp to go into production. Of course, now that it's a reality, I can't afford it! 8-(

You guys should also check out Andy's bass pedal, Jersey Thunder. I'm waiting for one of those to show up one day.

http://www.fuchsaudiotechnology.com/products-plush-detail.php?id=jersey_thunder&cat=7

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
Re: Fuchs Bruiser Bass Amp
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 06:29:19 AM »
I remember Andy from the early days of Ampage, back when several now-famous amp/audio guys were just really cool internet buddies. I also know that Dumble isn't too happy that Andy figured out how his amps sound the way they do and made better, cheaper versions of them. I wish that his bass amp had some big glass for the outputs, but I understand why it does not. Personally, I'd like to see more people take the Phil Jones approach what with tons of big power tetrodes for transmitters being readily cheap and high quality, but it's another thing to put something on the consumer market with plate voltages measured in the thousands. The price point does seem a bit high for what it is, but I have no doubt the amp will sound killer.