Author Topic: Source Audio effects  (Read 842 times)

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Source Audio effects
« on: August 20, 2010, 01:40:09 AM »
A year and a half ago I saw the Source Audio guitar effects for the first time. They look like lunch boxes and are great! Most of them can be used with a finger-sensor. You put on a ring on your finger, kick in that tremolo and moving your arm gives the effect of using an expression pedal. Great and very usable!

Now they have two bass effects to. Also usable with this sensor, but I don't think that it's interesting to have more or less distortion by moving your hand... But the effect is great.

I have the simple one at home for a review.

It has 21 (!) overdrives. You can dial in a multiband or a singleband overdrive. Both can be switched to normal, foldback and octave. Then there are controls for the amount of clean, amount of distortion and gain. The Pro version has a 7-band EQ.

Interesting and good souning pedals!

www.sourceaudio.net
http://blog.mixonline.com/briefingroom/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/multiwave-bass-composite.png

nofi

• View Profile
Re: Source Audio effects
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 06:11:40 AM »
a bit over engineered for a distortion pedal i think. ???
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Re: Source Audio effects
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 06:58:50 AM »
Yeah, maybe. But it's very easy in use (the more simple one). Just a switch, three controls and you just turn a bit on the 21-way control until you found a nice sound.

I first dialed in the gain I wanted and the amount of clean and distortion in my signal. Then it's just nice to try out some sounds.