Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

Gibson EB-0 serial number help needed

<< < (2/3) > >>

Dave W:

--- Quote from: uwe on July 12, 2017, 03:19:21 PM ---"I'm not aware of any reissue of the Junior style."

Alas!, human memory, my friends, is as precious as it is fleeting.

It doth tend to get blurry and unfocused at times.

--- End quote ---

The 2011 LP Jr DC Bass was NOT a reissue of the original EB-0, nor was it marketed as one. And even if it had been, there would be no question about the year.

I say the serial number of rnrgeek's bass is from '61. Anyone else have information to confirm?

uwe:
"The 2011 LP Jr DC Bass was NOT a reissue of the original EB-0, nor was it marketed as one."

Legalistic mumbo-jumbo!!!  E(el)vasive! :mrgreen:

German proverb of ze däy: Er windet sich wie ein Aal.

amptech:

--- Quote from: rnrgeek on July 12, 2017, 08:31:26 AM --- I have a vintage Gibson BO bass. the junior body style
 I am trying to determine the exact year. The serial # is 105689

Can anyone help me?

--- End quote ---

Given that they only made them from '59 to '61, pot dating might help here. If they are dated 1961 it's simple, but of course if they are 59 it could be either. Also, they switched to regular tubers (early had banjo tuners) at a specific point. Think it was mid 1960 but I can look that up. Do you have original hardware/electronics?

dadagoboi:

--- Quote from: amptech on July 12, 2017, 09:57:01 PM ---Given that they only made them from '59 to '61, pot dating might help here. If they are dated 1961 it's simple, but of course if they are 59 it could be either. Also, they switched to regular tubers (early had banjo tuners) at a specific point. Think it was mid 1960 but I can look that up. Do you have original hardware/electronics?

--- End quote ---

I'd love to see documentation on the 'switch to regular tuners'.  I'm not aware of that being done until the second generation EB-0 with larger headstock.

Dave W:

--- Quote from: amptech on July 12, 2017, 09:57:01 PM ---Given that they only made them from '59 to '61, pot dating might help here. If they are dated 1961 it's simple, but of course if they are 59 it could be either. Also, they switched to regular tubers (early had banjo tuners) at a specific point. Think it was mid 1960 but I can look that up. Do you have original hardware/electronics?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: dadagoboi on July 13, 2017, 12:06:18 AM ---I'd love to see documentation on the 'switch to regular tuners'.  I'm not aware of that being done until the second generation EB-0 with larger headstock.

--- End quote ---

Take a look at all the pics of this one described as "transition."

Note the serial number. Note the tuners, although I can't tell for sure if they're original. Interesting example.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version