Gear Discussion Forums > Rickenbacker Basses

Memories.

(1/3) > >>

drbassman:
I had to chuckle to myself when I saw a Ric forum pop up. I used to have several  Rics a few years ago and was a member of the Ric forum. I left because a particular guitar CEO didn't like my ideas on customer service.  I may have been kicked off, I can't remember.  As long as we have free speech, that remains civil, this is a great idea!

Dave W:
John Hall was a member at the Pit and he's certainly welcome here. He has no problem with differing opinions.

Ricks generate some strong feelings and certain company policies do too. But I'm confident we can discuss them here with civility.

Barklessdog:
 A lot of people bash John Hall for his diligent pursuit of knock offs.

I saw more power to him. He has every right to protect his design, within the law. They hold their instruments to high standards and never played with the asian entry level game, probably one of the only major US makers not to. i respect them for he way they have carried on as a company.

ilan:
In my experience, John Hall will sometimes go to great lengths to help a Ric owner. When I needed help repairing the truss rods in my '73 4001, he went as far as finding who in Israel (where I live) can manufacture metric truss rod nuts for me, and sent me the details. Not many CEO's will do this.

Dave W:
He's answered several emails from me in the past. I doubt many other CEOs would have taken the time.

OTOH, when you're as personally involved as he chooses to be, then sometimes the criticism gets personal, and that's unfortunate. In the case of RIC, sometimes people get carried away and act as if it's their company.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version