Gear Discussion Forums > Rickenbacker Basses

First batch of 4005XC completed

<< < (2/2)

Pilgrim:
Those are lovely.

I have no love for the solid body Ricks, but those are gorgeous.

Alanko:
Getting in early at the Tire Kicker Olympics: Where's the left handed/five string/34'' version?

I can get the same bass from AliExpress for £300 and IT PLAY JUS AS GOOD.

Dave W:

--- Quote from: Alanko on April 02, 2021, 03:39:23 PM ---Getting in early at the Tire Kicker Olympics: Where's the left handed/five string/34'' version?

I can get the same bass from AliExpress for £300 and IT PLAY JUS AS GOOD.

--- End quote ---

My Harley Benton will smoke your AliExpress special.  :mrgreen:

Alanko:

--- Quote from: Dave W on April 03, 2021, 12:13:53 AM ---My Harley Benton will smoke your AliExpress special.  :mrgreen:

--- End quote ---

Made in the same factory as those Gibson-Epiphones, mate. My mates a guitar dealer and says it all comes out the same place. It would be a £1200 guitar if it had one of Those names on the headstock, if you follow?

Dave W:

--- Quote from: Alanko on April 03, 2021, 11:27:37 AM ---Made in the same factory as those Gibson-Epiphones, mate. My mates a guitar dealer and says it all comes out the same place. It would be a £1200 guitar if it had one of Those names on the headstock, if you follow?

--- End quote ---

Your mate is mistaken. Gibson owns two factories in Qingdao, they make nothing but Epis. If Wikipedia is correct, Harley Bentons are made in about 20 different factories in China, Indonesia and Vietnam. Gibson does contract out a few Epi models to other factories.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version