Gear Discussion Forums > Rickenbacker Basses

Covid Impulse Purchase

(1/2) > >>

Happy Face:
No more live shows, some studio work but those two projects are wrapping up. So --- zero.zero need for a second, especially since my "Shooting Star" Tuxedo is so close to perfection.

But I couldn't resist buying another "orphan" Ric, this time the well-worn, nicotine stained CS bass. It came from Kevin at Kebo as advertised. I had figured I'd try some heavy-duty solvents to partially restore it. But once in hand, it's current condition is growing on me. A few tweaks to get to this weekend, but I'll mostly leave it be. Probably down at the recording studio along with the Versatone in the Tux photo.   

That said, I like the neck profile of the Tux better and, thanks to the refret & carbon fiber rod, the action is unbelievably flat and low without any fret buzz. 

ilan:
Congrats! But seriously, get her refinished  ;)

Dave W:
Congratulations!

gearHed289:
Nice. My CS is one of the best basses I've ever owned as far as tone and feel go. It's also pretty light and well balanced sitting or standing. I've pampered it since I bought it new in 1992, but lately I've been thinking of throwing caution to the wind and using it more. The tone is just SO there.

Pilgrim:
For a clean-up, I like both Virtuoso cleaner, and their polish.  The cleaner takes off nicotine residue but won't damage the guitar's finish.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version