Author Topic: A new kind of pickup.  (Read 1185 times)

ilan

• View Profile
The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: A new kind of pickup.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 09:51:21 AM »
Dang, that is one ugly pickup! But I'll bet Harley riders like it.  Looks like something they'd wear on their leathers.

The directions on the website look like they'd require a short course to memorize.  So many combinations....and in my room upstairs sits a '54 P clone that sounds just great, with a '63 P next to it which also sounds great.  Overkill?

Myself, I'd prefer to see it with a chrome or matching wood cover so I didn't have to look at it.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 10:34:54 AM »
Interesting concept, nothing revolutionary but they do seem to have a lot of options covered in one pickup!

I've never wanted or needed that. One sound per bass is fine with me. Some people will probably love all the options, and that's fine with me too.

MikeyB5

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 09:40:59 PM »
Very Spinal Tap  ;D

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 09:50:28 PM »
I'm with Dave on this one. I'm not really into having a lot of knobs and switching selections on individual basses. I like to pick up a bass and know that it will deliver its particular characteristics without a million options.

Good on them for coming up with something like this for the guys who want more selections anyway.
Digresion our specialty!