Author Topic: BaCHbird  (Read 283257 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: BaCHbird
« Reply #1905 on: March 16, 2011, 08:35:00 AM »
 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: March 16, 2011, 08:59:54 AM »
I meant the actual pickup casing. Not the handrest.
Greatdealz on Ebay used to have them. But I think he ran out of pickup casings.

yes they are all gone... >:(
Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: March 16, 2011, 09:03:32 AM »
First thing to do is change the crappy strings.....   I tried out labella hard rockin steels and i like them a lot.  Upgraded the pots and  changed out the pup to a lull.  had to reground the bridge as it wasn't attached.   next was to file down the saddles.  As it stands now it plays better and sounds better than my 76 bird...
Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

stiles72

• View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: March 16, 2011, 12:23:01 PM »
I just got back from a rehearsal with mine.  I could swear its getting better the more time goes on, and the more I use it - maybe its "settling in"?  Whatever that means.  I dunno, probably just me.  In any case - I absolutely love it!

This one was of the second batch.  Thin body w/contour, and neck is slender - much like that of my '76.  It has TB+ pickups, so sound is somewhat reminiscent of a Tbird of today (if it were partly maple and "mystery mahogany").

My favorite Bach / NR I've seen yet!

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #1909 on: March 16, 2011, 01:23:01 PM »
First thing to do is change the crappy strings.....   I tried out labella hard rockin steels and i like them a lot.  Upgraded the pots and  changed out the pup to a lull.  had to reground the bridge as it wasn't attached.   next was to file down the saddles.  As it stands now it plays better and sounds better than my 76 bird...

Hmmmmm..... Would you trade the '76 for a BaCH (w/ a Lull) ?
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #1910 on: April 08, 2011, 08:54:02 AM »
So I haven't gigged my Bachbird in over a year. It's been my "office bass" for the past several months, so I haven't played it plugged in for some time. I decided to bring it to band practice last night and WOW, does that thing sound good! It's like someone said about the real ones - best sounding P-Bass you ever heard! Man, talk about attitude. It's a one trick pony for sure, but it's a great trick! I'll be using it for a set this weekend. FYI - I've got a late model TB+ on there. Used to be black plastic, now it's shiny chrome.  ;D

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #1911 on: April 10, 2011, 02:30:57 PM »
I took two BaCHs to the gig today: The EB2 long scale and the BaCH Deluxe.
The EB2 copy never stood a chance. I tried it in the first set, but switched to the BB DLX soon.
That BB DLX  is a killer bass.

vates

• View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: June 07, 2011, 02:30:15 PM »
what a great thread! lots to think about though ;)

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: June 07, 2011, 05:56:43 PM »
I haven't gigged mine yet but since it came back from having a few mods I haven't stopped playing it. At home, at practice. Its got a lot of character, both in a feel sense and its sound and has that "play me" quality about it. I wasn't sure about the neck at first. Rob tells me mine is a bit thicker than most other peoples. (I've had comments like that before I got a BaCHBird  :-\ ;D ) But now I'm finding it a great pleasure to play. Cant wait for the ThunderBuckers to arrive.
Digresion our specialty!

popp

• View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: November 20, 2011, 04:52:53 AM »
Hi all, i hope it's ok to reactivate this old thread...
Here's my question (I bet this has been discussed a thousand times before - so sorry for that but it's hard to find the answers somewhere in a 150 pages long thread)

Please forgive me - I'm a newbie :rolleyes:

-I wonder what the differences of the 2 (or 3?) runs are? IIRC, I read about different neck angles... I also read about the body thickness. Could you enlighten me about this? I am thinking about getting my hands on a Bach NRTbird and I really want one with a thin body - like the 60's originals (I never had one in my hand though - I just prefer the look) Are the newer ones thin ???

-I found out about the Thunderbucker pickups which look very promising - are there other options or is it the way to go?

For your interest: I mailed Bach with a question regarding their non finished Tbird NR. I asked them if I could get one without the back cavity routing since it looks not right to me. They replied within a minute saying that there will be an unfinished, blank one without any routing available in March/April 2012. I hope I understand it right and this info is correct.

Cheers,
M.

Some girls are bigger than others...

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: November 20, 2011, 05:42:07 AM »
This is a great thread, so no worries about bringing it up again!

The first 20 BaCH NRs were all white but I can't remember if they had belly cuts. I believe they were thick bodied.

The second set of 30 were all thin bodied with a belly cut. There were 10 white, 10 black and 10 Sonic Blue in that series. These had nice, thin necks.

The third series (up to current) were all thick bodied with no belly cut and were available in single and dual pups. The Honeybursts were all single pup but the Trans Cherry were available in both single and dual pups. A little later dual pup Hneybursts were available. These had slightly thicker necks.

Do I have all this right, Rob?
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

popp

• View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: November 20, 2011, 05:46:22 AM »
This is a great thread, so no worries about bringing it up again!

The first 20 BaCH NRs were all white but I can't remember if they had belly cuts. I believe they were thick bodied.

The second set of 30 were all thin bodied with a belly cut. There were 10 white, 10 black and 10 Sonic Blue in that series. These had nice, thin necks.

The third series (up to current) were all thick bodied with no belly cut and were available in single and dual pups. The Honeybursts were all single pup but the Trans Cherry were available in both single and dual pups. A little later dual pup Hneybursts were available. These had slightly thicker necks.

Do I have all this right, Rob?

Ok - so it looks like someone has to sell me his/her second run bass :mrgreen:

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: November 20, 2011, 05:48:28 AM »
Someone sold a black one on eBay a few weeks ago but I don't know if it was anyone here. One of the white ones went on eBay a few weeks before that and I believe it was an LBOer's bass. THey are really nice.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #1918 on: November 20, 2011, 05:59:28 AM »
The black one was Shadocastaz's.

I'm willing to part with this one but shipping to Germany would be pretty high.  Thin, belly cut, ThunderBucker pup. 2nd run.

popp

• View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: November 20, 2011, 06:07:55 AM »
That is pretty interesting!!!
 :o

I would love to get my hands on it. I have a GAS attack right now.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 06:17:18 AM by popp »