Author Topic: Mellotron  (Read 927 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Mellotron
« on: February 15, 2016, 08:38:30 PM »
Saw the Grammy awards with that prancing pratt Bieber.  But did anyone else notice the Mellotron Chamberlin 4000 in his band? They've gone digital and this is one of the newer ones.  The instrument still is widely used.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 07:20:01 PM by Pilgrim »
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Mellotron
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 09:22:31 PM »
I don't think I've watched the Grammys since JFK was in office.

Alanko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 03:51:13 AM »
Is Bieber working on a prog rock masterpiece?

Mellotrons do seem to crop up quite a bit these days. The album Hot Dreams by Timber Timbre is one long ode to poorly maintained Mellotrons, it seems.

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 06:45:46 AM »
the grammys = jethro tull best METAL band winner = crap. :o
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 07:52:28 AM »
The album Hot Dreams by Timber Timbre is one long ode to poorly maintained Mellotrons, it seems.

LOL.  Also I am incredibly tickled that you have even heard of these local indie boys, though I suppose they've gotten bigger as I retreated into dadhood.  Back in the day we were playing all the same spots.
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 09:19:10 PM »
Some FB posts today by a couple of friends of my FB friends who watched the Grammys.

watched part of the Grammys .. and it dawned on me - that the person responsible for the future 'Pitbull' or 'Justin Bieber' tributes, is likely alive and walking on this earth now .. or crawling perhaps .. SMH. Sleep well ...

Will someone explain Pitbull to me? I keep thinking he is the equivalent to the Sony mini-disc, and that he will just go away when no one is buying it. So who is buying it!?

Could be worse....I could be a musician that is seen on national television playing in Justin Beiber's backing band

Who wishes Lionel Ritchie would just walk up there and take that microphone out of these souless losers hands?

I am afraid the Grammy performances have already passed the limit of notes in phrasing, and will have to use all the rest in an out-take recording for Mariah Carey.