Author Topic: Three point bridge question  (Read 1979 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: Three point bridge question
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2023, 10:15:34 AM »

My first three concerts......

Alice Cooper BDB tour in '73 - Still one of the best shows I ever attended, with the original band members this was a concert for which to judge all that followed.

Led Zep   Houses of the Holy tour - Still the worst show I ever attended (that includes the Ratt show I walked out of!), a total drunken snorefest that included a 35 minute drum solo as part of Moby Dick. Great band in the studio, live, no.   

Jethro Tull Passion Play tour - While not a show in the Alice Cooper since, JT (with Hammond -Hammond on bass) was really good, there were spot on, not sloppy and played the entire album without a break, after which Anderson said "And now for our second song" 

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2023, 11:09:16 AM »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/304717503666

Thanks Dave!

I'm not really looking for sustain or whatever. I mostly want it to extend the string length - particularly on the E - to clear the silk wrap. I have flats on it, which are perfect for what I want out of this bass, but the E seems a little duller than its neighbors.

Alanko

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2023, 01:22:24 PM »
I think late '70s JT into the '80s sort of inspired power metal to some degree. Hairy medieval minstrels on tour. All wenches, ale and swords rather than the occult.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2023, 10:47:12 PM »
Thanks Dave!

I'm not really looking for sustain or whatever. I mostly want it to extend the string length - particularly on the E - to clear the silk wrap. I have flats on it, which are perfect for what I want out of this bass, but the E seems a little duller than its neighbors.

It might help with that E. As for adding sustain, I'm always skeptical of claims like that anyway.