Author Topic: Proto-bass #2.  (Read 9432 times)

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
Re: Proto-bass #2.
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2011, 05:12:52 PM »
Fella I know with a transmission repair shop in Denver plumbed the entire circumference of his large shop with about 6" pipe, connected to his large air compressor. There were connectors spaced around the perimeter of the shop.

The idea was to use the delivery piping to create a huge reservoir of air in addition to the compressor tank.  It worked nicely.  He said the first time he fired up the compressor it took about a day of running the compressor to fill and pressurize the whole system, but after that he never came close to losing pressure or air capacity.

A coworker of mine retired and built nice shop to do auto restoration in - about 25X40.  He bought a monster of a compressor and piped the entire shop.  He ran 1" PVC!  When I saw this I freaked on the safety apsect of it and he pointed out that the pipe was rated for almost three times the PSI he was running.  I had to say it was impressive and a damn sight easier than running black iron.

birdie

• Trying hard to be the person my dog thinks I am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2011, 05:44:22 PM »
Right in the thick of it. E. 78 st. Pretty nice hood, although it still smells in the summer. Everyday is garbage pickup day in Manhattan! It's my father- out- law's....
Fleet Guitars

Lightyear

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2011, 08:17:03 PM »
Nice indeed - I Google mapped it - street views look very nice. 

birdie

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2011, 09:19:56 AM »
Hey Lightyear, are you in/near NYC?
Fleet Guitars

Lightyear

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2011, 10:06:07 AM »
No sir!  I'm on the south side of the Houston sprawl-o-plex!  Native Texan here.  I've traveled more than a fair bit and my wife had an aunt that lived in the Bronx, the weatlthy part,  so I've been there a handful of times. 

What's the motivation for the move?  Miss the city?  Job?  Gigs?   

birdie

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2011, 11:45:35 AM »
Father in law is elederly and starting to need some, ehm...supervision. Previous tenant pretty much took advantage.All fam. Is there, and yes, we both very much miss being back east, with all the pluses and minuses.
My wife is born and bred Manhattanite, and I lived there for 12 years starting at 20 years of age.
Fleet Guitars

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2011, 12:04:43 PM »
i'm from new york and never heard of a 'wealthy' part of the bronx. where would that be. ???
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2011, 12:43:53 PM »
i'm from new york and never heard of a 'wealthy' part of the bronx. where would that be. ???

pelham or bronxville,  both of which are not technically Da bronx.... :)
Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

Lightyear

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2011, 02:38:17 PM »

Couldn't tell you ;D  All I know is that they very well off - had a huge old house pretty much like all of the others around it.  Half of a famous publishing company lived across the steet.

Too much "togetherness" for my taste in that part of the world ;)

Lightyear

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2011, 02:42:20 PM »
Father in law is elederly and starting to need some, ehm...supervision. Previous tenant pretty much took advantage.All fam. Is there, and yes, we both very much miss being back east, with all the pluses and minuses.
My wife is born and bred Manhattanite, and I lived there for 12 years starting at 20 years of age.

NYC has it's appeal - just not for me in the long term.  Family is important and I totally understand looking after your wife's pop.  Good luck with your move. 

birdie

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2011, 09:16:18 PM »
NYC has it's appeal - just not for me in the long term.  Family is important and I totally understand looking after your wife's pop.  Good luck with your move. 

Thank You, Sir!
Fleet Guitars