Author Topic: Post Your Music!  (Read 105514 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Post Your Music!
« Reply #255 on: October 11, 2010, 06:32:47 AM »
Jet Plane is my EB-650 with just a root note low C overdubbed with my GR Boutique Telecaster towards the last two chorusses (the ones where we settle from minor A to major C).

Jet Plane turned out rather REMish and somber which is exactly what we aimed for. John Denver's Über-folksy tearjerker is a strange choice for an indie band but it developed from a jam when we were fooling aound with the song and noticed that everyone liked the original. But I knew we couldn't get away with playing C/F/C/F/C/F/G throughout verse, bridge and chorus, hence I started fooling around with the chords (which still allow the original lead melody to be sung).

Is it that audible that Venus Found is basswise a free for all? : - ) I'm at liberty to do what I want during the verse and you wouldn't think I'd let that opportunity go by, would you? I nevber play those parts twice the same. What you hear is a Ripper II. And an EB-0F in (on board) distorted and clean mode on the chorus playing that melody.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 11:00:23 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Hornisse

« Reply #256 on: October 11, 2010, 10:02:27 AM »
My wife for one was very excited hearing the John Denver cover Uwe.  Tomorrow will be the 13th anniversary of his death in the plane crash.  We were lucky enough to see him October 4th of that year at the beautiful Bass Concert Hall here in Austin, just days before his death.  We both got to shake his hand  and I was able to find a well worn Fender Medium pick on the stage after the show.  She is a huge fan and has all of his LP's and CD's. 

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 11, 2010, 10:36:53 AM »
If Denver was still around today, he'd have done his "Rick Rubin" album in the vein of Johnny Cash, Neil Diamond, Kris Kristofferson and Cat Stevens already and be reappreciated, deservedly so. Jet Plane is just three chords throughout (verse, bridge and chorus are identical) but you would never know it from listening to it, the vocal melodies create such a nice build-up. And the lyric encapsulates how you feel when you are bound on a trip away from your family and don't really want to go. Very poignant.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 12, 2010, 02:39:08 PM »
Coming along nicely... when are you laying the master vocals on the top...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 12, 2010, 05:03:33 PM »
End of this month, Kristin is currently vacationing with significant other/guitarist. You see, I play in a family business!

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #260 on: October 13, 2010, 04:34:21 AM »
End of this month, Kristin is currently vacationing with significant other/guitarist. You see, I play in a family business!

My country band is three generations of family, and me.  I just heard that our singer is going to take a shot at America's Got Talent.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 25, 2010, 08:25:03 AM »
My wife for one was very excited hearing the John Denver cover Uwe.  Tomorrow will be the 13th anniversary of his death in the plane crash.  We were lucky enough to see him October 4th of that year at the beautiful Bass Concert Hall here in Austin, just days before his death.  We both got to shake his hand  and I was able to find a well worn Fender Medium pick on the stage after the show.  She is a huge fan and has all of his LP's and CD's.  

My dear black-yellow striped friend, your better half can now actually hear Herr Deutschendorf's composition with the vocals of our singer (no harmony vocs yet though). I'd like to know what a Denver fan thinks, is it sacrilege?

Access as usual:

www.zentralstudio.de

Go to "Kundenlogin", type "raintunes" for project name, pick one of the four numbers appearing, and insert "raintunes" for user and "plainingjet" for pass word.

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 19, 2010, 06:21:22 AM »
Not our songs obviously but here is some footage (that I didnt know existed) from a band I made a living in over a period of about five years back in the 80's. Drummer found it on an old beta video tape in his mums shed recently.

Burn

Speed King

« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 07:00:12 PM by Freuds_Cat »
Digresion our specialty!

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 19, 2010, 07:22:17 AM »
those 'sheds' are a wonderous thing.
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 19, 2010, 10:03:01 AM »
Shed...? did someone mention shed...????

You back from your hols then Bret...?

I'll come back once I've listened...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

tonebender

• View Profile
    • Tonebender Guitars and Basses
« Reply #265 on: November 21, 2010, 10:21:41 AM »
Roots / Americana stuff from my virtual two man band. The first 8 (right now) are originals. Most of the tunes were done using my DarkStar P-bass. A couple of the covers have me EUB and doghouse. "Losin' Sleep" ia a Dano '56 reissue with tapewounds. Almost all of the amplification is 6 watt tube amps through an old Kustom 2x15 cab mic'd with a SM57 into an old analog board and then into PTs.

Good to see you old 'Pit guys here.  www.thirtydollarstella.com

~ tonebender
www.tonebender.net

Hornisse

« Reply #266 on: November 21, 2010, 10:44:49 AM »
Not our songs obviously but here is some footage (that I didnt know existed) from a band I made a living in over a period of about five years back in the 80's. Drummer found it on an old beta video tape in him mums shed recently.

Burn

Speed King

Very nice!  Two of my favorite Purple songs too.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #267 on: December 05, 2010, 11:59:31 PM »

Whoa Bret!  :o
That Burn cover kicks ass!

Here"s something from this past Halloween that our keyboard player put together from footage shot by the venue of us over two night (thus the different outfits/basses) the audio is from Saturday 10/30, we had a great crowd  ;D

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #268 on: December 07, 2010, 10:04:04 AM »
Mark - that is a TOTALLY kick-ass performance!!  You have one helluva band there!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 07, 2010, 03:06:07 PM »
Up to your usual standards, Ma'am... am I right in saying you still have not converted the new drummer...? ;D

Bret - nice for the family archives but age has not been totally kind to the tape - have you ever posted the better quality stuff you gave me links for...? (I did notice the Glover-esque beard in this "new" footage - extra bonus points ;))