Gear Discussion Forums > Other Bass Brands

Warwick goes The Wife / Gibson.

<< < (2/4) > >>

Alanko:
I see they do an "EB-0" too....

Apparently those MEC humbuckers/singlecoils (??) are nothing like mudbuckers beyond the looks.

Dave W:

--- Quote from: 66Atlas on October 25, 2017, 10:11:05 AM ---Maybe they're using the heart of "Black & White Ebony" -  Diospyros malabarica.   The heart can have sections of light tan that could be big enough for a fingerboard.

Cordoba makes a guitar using it as back and sides, really pretty.

--- End quote ---

From what I've seen, only the sapwood would be that light tan all through. IMHO that wouldn't be suitable for a fretboard, especially on a korina neck.

clankenstein:
Aren't those big chrome suckers single coils?

Alanko:

--- Quote from: clankenstein on October 25, 2017, 02:07:20 PM ---Aren't those big chrome suckers single coils?

--- End quote ---

I believe they are, and quite bright sounding at that:

Chris P.:
Pickup:

Those are big single coils with a coil per pole peace. They are based on an old Framus design and I love those pickups. In the Jack Bruce and Star they give a big, warm, round but open sound in neck position and the bridge pickups (which I normally hate and not use) are more in Fender neck territory. So those basses are very versatile. Warm, open, still growly (stiff necks) and fat in the neck and Fender P-ish (*) at the bridge.
(*) Of course not really Fender P-ish cos set neck (Star) or neck through (JB) but comparable.
Warwick also makes a splittable humbucker in the same housing with double rows of polepieces, which is used in the single cut Star Bass. I like that one less than the big single coil.

Ebony: Most part of this three is white with the same sound. Most manifacturers only buy the black ebony and the white is left in the forrest. Warwick buys whole tree lumps and use all. See this one for a combined fingerboard. Part is white and part black, but one piece! I don't like it personally but I can image some people do.

http://warwick.de/en/Warwick---Products--Instruments--Customshop---Masterbuilt--Basic-Bass-Models--Streamer--Streamer-Stage-I--Streamer-Stage-I-5-String--Streamer-Stage-I---17-3379--5-string--Pictures.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version