Gear Discussion Forums > Other Bass Brands

New Guild Starfire with Split P

<< < (7/8) > >>

Chris P.:
Earlier this year the I came out in Pelham Blue. I played it on a fair and I compared it to the normal 2-pickup Starfire. Three things are worth mentioning:

- A binded neck with dots looks cool!
- This bass has a thinner body than the normal Starfire. I'm not good in American sizes but I think it's around 5mm / the widt of one binding / three layers of Quarterpounder cheese thinner.
- It's much lighter, having to do with a thinner body, so a thinner center block and of course less pickups. This feels as a light bass, my maple II is not light

I could get one for a very sharp price and it'll arrives next week.

Dave W:
It sounds good. OTOH I can't get past the look of a split P on that body.

Chris P.:

--- Quote from: Dave W on May 05, 2023, 09:29:56 PM ---It sounds good. OTOH I can't get past the look of a split P on that body.

--- End quote ---

I got used to it, and I like the new white inserts.

Pilgrim:
I'll be interested to get a user report.  I like the look, but I do have a weakness for (1) semi-hollows in that body style, and (2) blue.

Chris P.:
Same here with colour and body style. It should've arrived friday, then wednesday, and now the courier says today. We'll see!

I had to get used to the split P, but after seeing basses from Peter Hook and some other ones, I got used a bit. And as said, the ones with the white inserts are really different and fresh looking.

A review will follow!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version