Author Topic: Gettin' all octal around here  (Read 3691 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: Gettin' all octal around here
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2009, 01:56:47 PM »
Crikey... I had forgotten that... I nearly bought one of those in the early eighties...

(the Hagstrom, that is...)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2009, 06:52:44 AM »
Crikey... I had forgotten that... I nearly bought one of those in the early eighties...

(the Hagstrom, that is...)

I bought mine in 1970 and sold it at a guitar show a couple of years ago. I bought my 51 P RI there the same day , picked up a tweed case and pocketed $100.
My Hagstrom was in near perfect condition when I sold it. One scratch on the back that was not through the finish. Very nice instrument , I just never played it anymore.
Rick

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2009, 08:51:43 AM »
I remembered seeing Randy Meisner (Eagles) with one and became intrigued; may not have been an 8 but was certainly the same body shape... I played a lot of chorded bass in those days, so the idea of an 8-stringer was enticing... just never happened...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2009, 11:54:31 AM »
Randy Meisner, God bless him, had enough to do with four strings let alone eight!

I really dig Musicians and the 8 strings especially. Nevertheless a grossly gluttonous acquisition that cries out for penance. Wear it naked with a narrow studded strap, studded side on your sinful flesh ...

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...