Author Topic: Butchered Bicentennial IV to '64 II Clone  (Read 17 times)

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
Butchered Bicentennial IV to '64 II Clone
« on: May 07, 2024, 06:43:33 AM »
Bought this maybe 8 years ago. Baz has been inquiring about it ever since. No doubt he'd do a good job on it but I'm finally gettin around to a plan. That being: converting this hot mess to a Polaris White '64 II clone, or as close as can be done  to that. Then I'll sell off my original '64s.

Somebody wanted an Explorer? The neck is intact, no breaks.

also, control cavity, and cover are not harmed.

The model and spare '64 parts from the bin except the P/G. Scott has kindly volunteered one of his priimo replicas to the project. I'll also be using a GOT Tailpiece.

Full scale on a greid, sadly CAD deficient. The BICEN perimeter compared to a '64. More 'Telecaster ' style upper horn for one thing. Bottom horn is also different judging by what was left. II no longer own an intact BICEN to compare.

Hold my Beer.

So, new top horn/wing is in order and I'll attempt to use the cutoffs to replicate a '64 bottom. I'll also be routing the neck center down 1/4" until its below wing heigt and inlay a 3/8" thick new center to clean up the mess that now there.

Lots of Honduras to choose from:

Wish me luck!

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: Butchered Bicentennial IV to '64 II Clone
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2024, 07:26:04 AM »

Great project Carlo - I'm sure it will be a beauty when you're done with it. Love the reddish finish on your '64 II as well!
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...