Author Topic: To Boldly Go...  (Read 8507 times)

clankenstein

• Never Gutless!
    • View Profile
Re: To Boldly Go...
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2015, 10:39:01 PM »
Good luck in Inverness ken and keep an eye out for unruly denizens of the Loch..
Louder bass!.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2015, 02:35:50 AM »
But Tony, I thought I might be one of them... :mrgreen:

Buzz... I was thinking about what they call coo-sheds here... (steadings) ... found one that's circa 60 feet long... 8)

Just an update Gents (and Ladies), and will post a couple of pics later...

Firstly, had an interview and got a job... circa 3 months in (Xmas ish) will be on nearly the same basic as I'm getting in London, and will be further trained on fire-alarm systems... apparently I'm rather a rare beastie up here...
The new Boss is an Islander too, and it turns out he gave one of my cousins his first job...! real small world stuff...

Keeping them crossed that we get the rental we want or we're (potentially) somewhat screwed...

Presently stuck at Inverness airport with a broken-down Squeezyjet (ASI failure) and waiting for the part to come up from Luton (base north of London) - we should have been home by now... best revised EDT is 1300...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2015, 10:47:59 AM »
There will be some problems anywhere, but there is an indefinable magic about being in a Celtic country.  If it were me, I'd immerse myself in it. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2015, 12:06:06 PM »

Good news on the job Kenny! Yay!
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2015, 05:53:07 PM »
Good luck on getting that rental, and so glad you got the job so soon. Uprooting is never easy.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2015, 04:09:34 AM »
All good to hear!
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Hörnisse

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2015, 02:42:30 PM »
Good luck with the adventure.  We've lived in our home for 18 years this past June and I can't imagine getting ready for a move, especially with 2000+ vinyl records.  :thumbsup:

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2015, 04:11:27 PM »
Congratulations Kenny!
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2015, 04:21:26 PM »
Cheers Bro... getting close now... can't post pics yet as photobucket is glitching...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2015, 04:35:29 PM »
This is the look of despair... my favourite distillery, and a shelf of 12, 15, and 18YO, and no means of transporting a bottle back on the plane...

I'm not posting anything about the place until it's confirmed but off in the distance, beyond the bridge, up on a hill, overlooking that bay... ;)

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2015, 03:35:08 AM »
Just had it confirmed that our preferred choice for a temporary Highland residence is ours so it's time to say goodbye to the shed, goodbye to Surrey, goodbye to England and all that jazz... er... no, maybe I'll take the Jazz with me... ;)

Yes indeed, I think it's circa 2.5 miles/4km to the Distillery noted in the picture above, and our outlook from the hill is quite pleasant... The Beauly Firth and the Kessock Bridge is top right in the pic... behind us is woodland... and maybe... only maybe... Sciurus Vulgaris... :mrgreen:

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2015, 03:56:11 AM »
Beautiful , Ken!

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2015, 05:18:49 AM »
+1 :mrgreen:

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2015, 06:27:15 AM »

Very nice Kenny!  :)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2015, 08:06:38 AM »
+2  :mrgreen:

Busy packing but having a cup of tea... just struck me that our removers are scheduled to be here from near Edinburgh at 0900 in 2 Monday's time... :o

Back at work on Wednesday and handing back the car etc on Friday... new job starts 11th October, confirmed... they have been very easy going about it and had given me a free reign as to a start date... 8)