Main Forums > The Bass Zone

Young Polish Talent (probably a relative of Jake)

<< < (2/7) > >>

uwe:
There's a German saying "breaking open doors" and that is what she does with me, I love melodic and chordy bass playing, so Kinga does everything right in my book. (I just bought her CD on the basis of what I saw and heard above.) I was just pleasantly surprised that - given her age and the slap saturation she must have experienced/suffered through - she seems to consciously avoid it with an almost conservative right hand technique approach. I would have expected someone like her (who must have listened to a lot of rock jazz - probably via her parents, the poor thing!  :mrgreen:  ) to throw in some Marcus Miller chops as well. (And I wouldn't have been all over her had she slapped a little either, but avoiding it altogether made me take notice.)

bassilisk:
Exactly my point. It has become so de rigeur that when it doesn't happen it stands out. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was a conscious decision on her part.

Having said that, she's probably a slap monster and is saving it for a later album.

Basvarken:
There's a Dutch word for this music: Kutmuziek.
But she is kinda cute. I have to admit.
 :popcorn:

westen44:
Well, the Dutch have a flair for being direct and to the point.  I wasn't aware of that word being used to describe that kind of music, though. 

Highlander:
Had to look it up... oops... Well, I know it in Italian and German too...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version