Author Topic: My New '77 Thunderbird  (Read 7281 times)

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Re: My New '77 Thunderbird
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2012, 02:35:58 AM »
Wow, just WOW!!

Pekka

• View Profile
    • Riverdog Samson
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2012, 02:52:01 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks that the ashtrays don't do any good to any Thunderbird? The nickel/chrome pickups are desirable and look great so why cover them?

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2012, 05:14:13 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks that the ashtrays don't do any good to any Thunderbird? The nickel/chrome pickups are desirable and look great so why cover them?

Agreed, but is nice to own for value's sake. Really nice bass. love the vintage white / cream.

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2012, 08:22:34 AM »

I like the look, makes it completely vintage.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2012, 08:47:51 AM »

I have them on two of my three '76s and really like them alot! The bridge cover makes a great hand rest - and since my hand is down by the bridge the pup cover isn't in the way either.......Plus, it's an opportunity to have more CHROME on a bass  ;D 
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2012, 09:10:46 AM »
I put the covers on for the picture, they aren't even screwed down.  When I got my original 'bird in '77 they came off immediately because they got in the way.  I played with a stainless steel pick and both pickups quickly got chewed up.  If it was just going to hang on the wall I'd put back the covers.  I like the visual of the pickup cover, the bridge one doesn't do much for me.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2012, 09:43:37 AM »
 Dying for a white one! That's just beautiful Carlo!
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2012, 09:46:45 AM »
Just as with Fenders and Ricks, the covers look great, but get in the way of most players' picking or plucking techniques.

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2012, 05:47:18 PM »
I just got my '77 back & took them off, nice to have them but my right hand moves all over the place & I need the room,