Gear Discussion Forums > Rickenbacker Basses

Ben Hall hints to a "4000 Series kinda reissue" in the next few months

<< < (2/6) > >>

Dave W:
IIRC there were very few 4002s made and some sat around stores unsold for years. They might sell better now.

morrow:
A friend that just passed away had one of the only fretless 4002 basses . I once had a shot of buying a mapleglo 4002 foe $1500 but thought my old 4001 was all the Ric I needed .
I regret missing that .
There are a few out there willing to pay outrageous money for one .

gearHed289:

--- Quote from: Dave W on May 02, 2022, 09:50:56 PM ---IIRC there were very few 4002s made and some sat around stores unsold for years. They might sell better now.

--- End quote ---

The recent 4002S is a very different animal from the original 4002. The green one definitely caught my eye, but they're still using that ridiculous mute tailpiece thing. I'm also not crazy about maple fingerboards on Rics (though for some reason, I'm OK with it on the original 4004L).

Dave W:
I forgot about that one. Any new 4002 would probably be more like this than the originals.

Paul Boyer:
I dunno. The whole point of the original 4002 was the low-impedence pickups and XLR jack for recording purposes. The other differences were just cosmetic. Do people who desire the 4002 want it for the electronic capabilities, the look, or its rarity? Just repositioning the pickups and putting on a different pickguard doesn't make it a return of the 4002.

My hunches are either a return of a "vintage" model like the V63 or a revamped 4004 family.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version