Author Topic: Cool Myspace Bands!!  (Read 696 times)

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
Cool Myspace Bands!!
« on: June 16, 2008, 03:31:28 AM »
Tonight I just flashed on 2 instrumentals that I use for my pro song from time to time, El Zaffa by Ancient Future & El Sexxo by Banyan!!
At the mo I've got El Zaffa as my pro song.

www.myspace.com/terrodactyl Send me a friend request if ya haven't already!
Band pages comin' sooon!!

Besides both songs oozing sex vibes & beginning with El (The), both bands have something Very Coool in common & that is that they're both collectives-- there are many interchangeable band members who take turns performing together.

Check out their myspace pages & listen to the songs!!

www.myspace.com/ancientfuture

www.myspace.com/banyanband

You'll see that BANYAN is Stephen Perkins (Drummer for Jane's Addiction) band & Tony Franklin the Fretless Wonder is one of the bassplayers.
I met Tony in the Whole Foods in my hometown when I moved back to Glendale in 2006 & we became friends. He put me on the Guest List for a Banyan show. I had gone to see Anoushka My Baboushka at UCSD from 8pm to 10pm & then hurried over to the lil club Banyan was at in San Diego for their show.
Got there just as they started El Sexxo!
That was magic!
A Very Special Night!!

Well Banyan is gonna be playin' in L.A. on July 6th...just asked Tonester if he'll be joining them....
Also asked him if there are FIRM plans yet for the BLUE MURDER Reunion!
Also asked him if he played with Rory Gallagher in the early 80s, a friend of mine saw Rory then & swears it was Tony on bass.
Also asked him if he'd like to stop by for tea & contribute to the recording sessions going on in my Home Studio!
Hey~ No harm in asking, right? He just might say YES!

Check Banyan's Tour Dates...& go see 'em if ya get a chance! FUN band, serious musicianship!!!

Be sure to read Ancient Future's Bio...it's very interesting.
El Zaffa means The Egyptian Wedding Rhythm. ;)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 03:38:12 AM by Rhythm N. Bliss »

nofi

Re: Cool Myspace Bands!!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 04:15:23 AM »
rory's bass player has always been gerry mcavoy to my knowledge. he even wrote a book about the band and playing with rory.