Author Topic: Wal Martians  (Read 4126 times)

nofi

• View Profile
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
Re: Wal Martians
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 06:55:06 AM »
i love it
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 07:02:16 AM »
Once again, I am in awe of your ability to find amazing stuff on you tube. I love it and one of my cats, Ulyses was mesmorized by it ;D
Rick

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 10:07:03 AM »
The only thing they missed was having their "shopper" abandon her cart in the parking lot just four steps from a cart collection area.  

The sloth of Wal-Mart shoppers constantly amazes me.

Scary and wonderful.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 11:44:49 AM »
No doubt these people exist, those can't all be photoshopped. I don't see anything like that at Wal-Marts around here, though.

ack1961

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 02:09:59 PM »
No doubt these people exist, those can't all be photoshopped. I don't see anything like that at Wal-Marts around here, though.
..and what biosphere do you live in?  Denialsville?
Have Fun.  Be Nice.  Mean People Suck.

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 05:12:22 PM »
..and what biosphere do you live in?  Denialsville?

Not at all. I've been shopping with Wal-Mart fairly regularly for about 20 years and I've never seen anything remotely like what you see in those People of Wal-Mart photos. The clientele isn't the same as in fancy mall stores, of course.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 05:22:44 PM »
The main thing I see in common with the Wally World here is a LOT of extremely fat people.  No sugar-coating it - the obesity epidemic is the US is best displayed at Wal-Mart.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 09:34:08 AM by Pilgrim »
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 07:19:05 PM »
I never experienced Wal Mart before moving to Utah (none were in my area in Los Angeles or in NYC). The newest and closest grocery store to my home is an upscale looking Wal Mart that's been open about two years. They built and tailored the store to the requests of the local city council and it's the nicest, cleanest store for miles around. Their fresh meat, bakery, produce and vegetables rival or best anything I've found in other local markets and I do about 90% of my grocery shopping there. I've seen some typical Wal Martians there but I've seen them at Guitar Center and the local mall, too. I get and appreciate the jokes about Wal Mart but I think they're probably as overblown as most stereotypes are.

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 04:49:02 AM »
The main thing I see in common with the Wally World her is a LOT of extremely fat people.  No sugar-coating it - the obesity epidemic is the US is best displayed at Wal-Mart.

YES.....what is up with this???? I go to Wal Mart just to feel thin ;D
Rick

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 06:07:00 AM »
the wal mart in suburban atlanta where i go is fairly 'normal' people wise. however, the one i went to in rural tennessee was :o.  could be a geograhic anomaly.
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 06:47:46 AM »
The main thing I see in common with the Wally World her is a LOT of extremely fat people.  No sugar-coating it - the obesity epidemic is the US is best displayed at Wal-Mart.

& Orando.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2011, 06:52:47 AM »
Not at all. I've been shopping with Wal-Mart fairly regularly for about 20 years and I've never seen anything remotely like what you see in those People of Wal-Mart photos. The clientele isn't the same as in fancy mall stores, of course.

I agree, the ones around here are no different from any other discount store including K-Mart. With a big city like Chicagoland you get a lot more Hispanic immigrants shopping to save money due to their low paying jobs. But even Wal-Mart is hurting in sales due to the poor getting poorer. Since the recession I see a lot of middle class shopping there, including places like Aldi (Discount grocery chain). That is the change I see here.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2011, 06:58:00 AM »
the wal mart in suburban atlanta where i go is fairly 'normal' people wise. however, the one i went to in rural tennessee was :o.  could be a geograhic anomaly.

I have to believe these pictures are from rural / poor city areas- it's just as much of a reflection of the people who live near the stores as it is Wal-Mart shoppers. 

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2011, 07:51:56 AM »

Where I see the most morbidly obese people is at supermarkets, including the upscale ones.

Funny how language gets corrupted. When you and I were growing up, epidemic meant a spreading of a contagious disease, not something that happens through voluntary choices.