Author Topic: What are you reading?  (Read 5783 times)

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
Re: What are you reading?
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2011, 05:40:09 AM »
Inside Story - Peter Lloyd
Second World - Eddy Shah
Billion Dollar Brain - Len Deighton
Digresion our specialty!

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2011, 03:20:53 PM »

Really something very different for me, a recent history of logging on Washington State's Olympic Peninsula http://www.williamdietrich.com/finalforest.htm

A very balanced look at logging practice and the ensuing Spotted Owl controversy, Dietrich interviews participants from all facets of the issue of logging America's last ancient forest. Having recently visited parts of it I can only say I'm happy for the preservation efforts even tho it has had an effect on the timber industry.

A little bit of virgin forest and the heart of the Olymipcs that I saw this past September, one thing for sure - I'm going back, it's beautiful beyond words.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 05:07:53 PM by TBird1958 »
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2011, 04:37:56 PM »
Thats beautiful Mark. You are a one man/woman advertising campaign for your state. I would never have had an inkling of going to Washington state if not for your pics and explanations.
Digresion our specialty!

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2011, 10:24:07 PM »
E-Myth revisited - Michael Gerber (Not really into self help books but re-reading because I found it a great way to keep it real in relation to businesses)
Funeral in Berlin - Len Deighton
The Naming of the Dead - Ian Rankin
Digresion our specialty!

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2011, 12:24:00 PM »
From Rattray And Beyond by the late Frederick Patterson - published (privately) last year... about a Cameronian who served in the same place as my dad; passed in 2008; never even knew about it before last weekend (tough link to follow - only being sold locally to where he lived) - his wife sent it out pdq - same person put me in touch with a living survivor... a very humbling experience and looks like a good read...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2011, 04:01:46 PM »
1635: The Cannon Law
by Eric Flint & Andrew Dennis
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

patman

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2011, 04:09:33 PM »
The Once and Future King...T H White

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2011, 03:28:37 PM »
Sammy Hagar is comin' to town to talk about his autobiography & sign. He'll be at the Barnes & Noble bookstore here which is one of my hangouts! Cooooool

Hopin' to get a signed edition.

Billy Gibbons has a great book out:

« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 03:47:08 PM by Rhythm N. Bliss »