Author Topic: 9-11 again. >sigh<  (Read 844 times)

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
9-11 again. >sigh<
« on: September 11, 2008, 03:07:31 AM »
Damn. I've got the 911 Blues & I'm here to share 'em with ya.
Well actually, this song ain't Blues...but it sure is sad--Never Be The Same by Tony Franklin:

www.myspace.com/fretlessmonster

Sad...but sooothing.  Tony is a sweet guy who's been into yoga philosophy for about 17 years now.
He's SO mellow & just the cooolest guy....besides bein' probly the best bassplayer ever!

Then there's this DT cd cover that was released right on 9-11-2001:

Ain't that FREAKY?

There's gonna be a show on the HISTORY channel tonight about home movies of the tragedy.
I'll be watchin' it.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 09:13:11 AM by Dave W »

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: 9-11 again. >sigh<
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 03:11:31 PM »
Out here in Colorado I was stunned when the event happened, but it hasn't had the lasting impact on me that it apparently has with people on the eastern seaboard. There could be a really interesting sociological study in investigating the range of responses that people have had to it.

There have been articles in the Denver paper related to a few people who were lost there, but to me, distance and lack of any personal contact with people directly involved has mitigated the impact.  I suppose I'm also somewhat affected by the actions our country has taken in responding. That's not a political comment, it's part of the reason I respond as I did.

Before I was reminded of it yesterday, I hadn't even thought about the date.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 06:37:21 PM »
Yeah, I know what ya mean, Pilgrim. I was livin' in Honolulu, Hawaii in a little apt. on the side of Punchbowl Crater....something like 5,500 miles from NYC.
I was literally far removed from it in a way...but Pearl Harbor was right close by, which put it in perspective for me!
In addition to that, a friend was visiting from Connecticut who could see the Twin Towers from her street, & she FREAKED OUT!

I also had a bud about 15 years ago who was a good guitarist & was really good at comin' up with wild guitar parts for my songs. He moved to NYC & was drivin' into work late that fateful morning....& saw the Towers crumble.
He & his new best friend both worked in one of the Towers, & his friend was killed!

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 09:24:12 PM »
well i live in NYC i watched the whole thing from my rooftop.i will never forget that smell.it lingered for months.luckily no one i know died that day.my friend's father worked in one of the towers and years earlier had quit smoking for some reason that morning he bought a pack of smokes and was across the street when it happened.this city has been f***ed ever since.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

ramone57

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 04:04:37 AM »
we were in Orlando and it totally blew our vacation.  had to drive back due to no air traffic and it was impossible to get tickets for a train.  we were lucky to already have a rental car they allowed us to change to a one way rental.  when we got about 2 miles from the Pentagon, the smell was overwhelming.  I'll never forget driving past it or how it looked and smelled.  it put a lot of things in perspective for me.  I would still like to see bin Laden's head on a stake.