Author Topic: The Twinkie Diet  (Read 917 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
The Twinkie Diet
« on: November 08, 2010, 03:05:21 PM »
Twinkie diet helps nutrition professor lose 27 pounds

Just another confirmation that a calorie is a calorie is a calorie. Keep that in mind the next time some moronic "nutrition expert" or politician tells you that certain types of foods cause obesity.

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
Re: The Twinkie Diet
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 06:17:36 PM »
They say Twinkies never go bad, but I found this one in a fresh box a number of years back.....

Hostess said that it was mold, they had no idea why, the product was at the peak of it's freshness cycle. I was sent coupons for 3 free boxes of Twinkies! I didn't loose any weight!!  :puke:
There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 06:41:20 PM »
I once received a thick envelope from a girlfriend - it was a pack of Twinkies she had flattened by sitting her toolbox on top in her trunk and driving around for a week.

She did weird stuff like that all the time.  Nice gal, but had "issues". 

I found a keeper later.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Darrol

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 06:49:56 PM »
I saw an article earlier today that has some similarity to this. It was about obesity in children and how those that are overweight have a tendency to eat healthier than children that are the correct weight. Simply put, the overweight children are eating healthier but they are still eating too much and not burning off enough calories.
There are many in this world that call me Darrol, feel free to be apart of that group.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 09:34:38 PM »
I saw an article earlier today that has some similarity to this. It was about obesity in children and how those that are overweight have a tendency to eat healthier than children that are the correct weight. Simply put, the overweight children are eating healthier but they are still eating too much and not burning off enough calories.

It's still a great idea to eat a balanced diet, it just doesn't have anything to do with weight gain or loss. Good calories won't make you weigh less than bad calories.

Also, thanks to marketing, most people seem to think that low fat means low calorie. Nope.

I once received a thick envelope from a girlfriend - it was a pack of Twinkies she had flattened by sitting her toolbox on top in her trunk and driving around for a week.

I found a keeper later.

Reminds me of a girl on the edge of my circle of friends about 25 years ago. She would display her talent at parties once she had a little booze in her: she was able to suck the filling out of a twinkie through a small opening at one end. You could let your imagination run wild.

I only knew her by her nickname: Twinkie.  ;D

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 05:52:03 AM »

I found a keeper later.

I'd find a twinkie with her toolbox flavor probably more appealing than the original untampered product, but didn't she find sitting in the trunk for a week uncomfortable? You guys write confusing stuff.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 09:23:28 AM »
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."